Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Azhrei

Old January 20th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras
Journal contents are one of the standard options for "Dossiers" of output. It would not be customized, but it is pretty basic information. Have you looked at those?
I have not. Can you describe in more detail what you're referring to? I don't have HL in front of me so maybe I just need to look around in the "File -> Save Custom Output" section...?

I took a look at AncientOne's sheet (last updated a couple years ago) and it looks pretty nice! The portrait image isn't working correctly for me although it's still very usable. The page boundaries also seem to be a little weird; the page boundaries work with my five or six weapons, and it still works when I've deleted one, but if I delete the Unarmed attack then the page boundaries are messed up?!

Overall a very nice sheet, though.
Azhrei is offline   #381 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 20th, 2016, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
I have not. Can you describe in more detail what you're referring to? I don't have HL in front of me so maybe I just need to look around in the "File -> Save Custom Output" section...?
It is not in the "Custom" outputs, as it is a standard output.

The standard output has "Dossiers", which are sets of data that you can print/output. The base character, the spellbook contents, the journal contents, and some others are options there.

You can put it to a PDF as a character sheet, print hardcopy, or to a file in a stat-block format.

For PDFs:

From the File menu, select "Save PDF of Hero". Select the Dossier you want (it is mildly annoying that you can't select multiple and need to do this individually for each Dossier you want). You can preview the output, and save to PDF or print from the preview window.

For other files as statblocks:

From the File menu, you can select "Output Hero Statblock"... the dialog offers printing, as a text file, a BBCode file, a Wiki-formatted file, or HTML.
Silveras is offline   #382 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old January 21st, 2016, 07:44 AM
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
For PDFs:

From the File menu, select "Save PDF of Hero". Select the Dossier you want (it is mildly annoying that you can't select multiple and need to do this individually for each Dossier you want). You can preview the output, and save to PDF or print from the preview window.
On the Mac, it's under the File menu, choose "Print Hero...", then the rest is as described by Silveras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras
For other files as statblocks:

From the File menu, you can select "Output Hero Statblock"... the dialog offers printing, as a text file, a BBCode file, a Wiki-formatted file, or HTML.
I don't know if this is a Mac-specific thing, but only the Print and Plain Text options include the journal summary text. And neither of them contain the title of the journal entry, so for me I'll be using the PDF option (most likely). Or I might write a Python/Perl script to extract the journal directly from the portfolio...
Azhrei is offline   #383 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 21st, 2016, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
I don't know if this is a Mac-specific thing, but only the Print and Plain Text options include the journal summary text. And neither of them contain the title of the journal entry, so for me I'll be using the PDF option (most likely). Or I might write a Python/Perl script to extract the journal directly from the portfolio...
Sorry.. I did not check to confirm that all types of Dossiers supported all types of files.

Note that Journal contents include "Capital Journals" if you're using the Downtime rules from Ultimate Campaign. An annoying thing I have noted there is that the Journals appear to be inter-leaved... regular then capital then the next regular... which is really annoying if the first Capital journal corresponds more to a much later regular journal entry (like..20th ).
Silveras is offline   #384 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old January 22nd, 2016, 06:48 AM
I'm not using those, but that's another good reason to use an external script to build the journal entries; it can be programmed however you like.
Azhrei is offline   #385 Reply With Quote