Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Vonsen

Old November 12th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Hello,

First, I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I am looking to use the HL editor to port the Spellcasting Prodigy feat from FR to Pathfinder. The version of the feat included in the FR data set is unfortunately non-functional: when I add it to my wizard character, it does not change spells per day or spell DCs. I am new to the editor and have no idea how to proceed to do this--this is my first attempt at scripting; could anyone lend a hand?

For reference, the relevant text of the feat is as follows:
"For the purpose of determining bonus spells and the saving throw DCs of spells you cast, treat your primary spellcasting ability score (Charisma for bards and sorcerers, Wisdom for divine spellcasters, Intelligence for wizards) as two points higher than it's actual value. If you have more than one spellcasting class, the bonus applies to only one of those classes."
Vonsen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 12th, 2012, 02:16 PM
That sounds similar to the Fiendish Sorcery ability of the Tiefling race. Have you checked out how the script on that ability works?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vonsen

Old November 12th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Currently, for the first part of the feat, I'm looking at Sihedron Tome, which has a similar effect. The script is as follows:

~ Wizard spells are memorized as though our intelligence modifier were 3 points higher.
hero.childfound[cHelpWiz].field[cBonSplInc].value += 3

Obviously I would change it to read += 1 at the end (the tome uses 3 because it effectively increases the wizard's int by 6 for the purpose of bonus spells), but my question is what do I change in that line so that it applies to all casters, and not just wizards?

As for increasing the DC of all spells by 1, I thought I would look at Spell Focus, but the script for that seems complicated.
Vonsen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old November 12th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonsen View Post
For reference, the relevant text of the feat is as follows:
"For the purpose of determining bonus spells and the saving throw DCs of spells you cast, treat your primary spellcasting ability score (Charisma for bards and sorcerers, Wisdom for divine spellcasters, Intelligence for wizards) as two points higher than it's actual value. If you have more than one spellcasting class, the bonus applies to only one of those classes."
That's the 3.0 version, which was felt to be overpowered; the 3.5 version took away the DC bonus.
Lord Magus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 12th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonsen View Post
Currently, for the first part of the feat, I'm looking at Sihedron Tome, which has a similar effect. The script is as follows:

~ Wizard spells are memorized as though our intelligence modifier were 3 points higher.
hero.childfound[cHelpWiz].field[cBonSplInc].value += 3

Obviously I would change it to read += 1 at the end (the tome uses 3 because it effectively increases the wizard's int by 6 for the purpose of bonus spells), but my question is what do I change in that line so that it applies to all casters, and not just wizards?

As for increasing the DC of all spells by 1, I thought I would look at Spell Focus, but the script for that seems complicated.
You'd have to do a foreach through all base classes and add to each. Are you familiar with using foreaches?
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Vonsen

Old November 13th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
You'd have to do a foreach through all base classes and add to each. Are you familiar with using foreaches?
Not in this language, no. I remember for loops from programming back in high school, so I imagine it works similarly. Any tips?

Also, about the save DC increase, I don't consider it overpowered and my DM is happy to let me have it, and in any case it would be useful to know how to do it should the need arise, so any advice on what I should do?
Vonsen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 13th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Foreaches go like this:

Foreach (pick/thing/bootstrap) in (hero/container/this) from (SOME COMPONENT) where ("TAG EXPRESSION") sortas (Sortset ID)

You don't need all parts of that for every instance. For example, most don't need to sort anything.

In this case it would be something like

foreach pick in hero from BaseClass where "CasterSrc.?"
eachpick.field[cBonSplInc].value += 1
nexteach

Reading the description a second time though, do you want to have the bonus added to all casting classes or just one of them that the user selects? If you want the user to choose, then a foreach isn't the way to go.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
heinrich_krebs

Old March 31st, 2015, 07:45 AM
How would it work with choosing a class...?
heinrich_krebs is offline   #8 Reply With Quote