Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mr Steve

Old March 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM
OK, I'm really a novice at this, but I'm learning fast (hopefully).

Anyway, first question to the forum. If I wanted to increase the starting attribute points as a racial bonus, how do I create the relevant racial ability?
I can see lots of abilities in the core system for increasing a specific attribute, but nothing to increase the base number of attribute points from 5 to 6, as per the Runepunk racial ability for humans Good Stock.

Any help gratefully accepted, speedy responses especially welcome as I'm trying to maintain my interest in doing this, and a knockback so early is discouraging.

Steve
Mr Steve is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mr Steve

Old March 21st, 2011, 11:30 PM
OK here's an update on my progress. I have managed to create a new Racial ability good stock, with a bootstrap as in the attached images. Unfortunately, as you can see from the third image, this has resulted in an extra Attributes value on my basics tab, rather than incrementing the value already in the system. Other than that it sems to work perfectly, and the extra attributes value disappears when I select a different race.
This does however mean that when creating a human character, it spends the new 6 points of attributes when they are assigned, but not the original 5 points, meaning the character will fail validation.

How do I change the way this bootstrap is handled to make it increment the existing attributes value and not create a new one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Good Stock Bootstrap.JPG (56.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Good Stock Bootstrap Field.JPG (46.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg extra attributes entry.JPG (114.9 KB, 4 views)
Mr Steve is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mr Steve

Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:43 AM
LOL. . . forget it, just worked it out.

Basically modelled it on the Bonus Edge ability to change the starting attribute points using an Eval script rather than a bootstrap. Works a treat.
Mr Steve is offline   #3 Reply With Quote