Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

joepacelli

Old February 24th, 2016, 10:31 AM
First off I would like to say this looks great.
The integration of HL and RW.

Next, I have HL and have purchased a lot of the Data Packages.
I've got the bestiary packages, RotRL package.
If I create my own world, can I use any creature from the bestiary packages I've purchase and linked them within RW?

You mentioned when bestiary content is available on the content market you could incorporate.
But then in a different section you showed the HL interaction.
What if I have a creature from bestiary 2 or 3, and add it too an encounter. What happens when I return to RW?

I know you are a business to make money.
You mentioned the bestiary available in content marketplace.

Are we going to need to purchase the same content for RW and HL for it to integrate seamlessly?

Will their be bundle offers including the content for both for those of us with both RW and HL?

If we already have the HL data package and when it becomes available for RW, will there be an upgrade/discount version?
joepacelli is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old February 24th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepacelli View Post
First off I would like to say this looks great.
The integration of HL and RW.

As I am doing this I will answer with what I have done, so you know it works from one who does it.

Next, I have HL and have purchased a lot of the Data Packages.
I've got the bestiary packages, RotRL package.
If I create my own world, can I use any creature from the bestiary packages I've purchase and linked them within RW?

Yes you sure can. In my campaign "The coming of the Four Horsemen" I am pre-building every single encounter in HL and uploading them into RW. This means when my party reaches that encounter of say 5 Kobolds, 1 Hobgoblin and 1 Red Dragon. I simple click on the HL encounter as Liz did and boom, there it is. I then engage the console and import the Player file(s).

You mentioned when bestiary content is available on the content market you could incorporate.
But then in a different section you showed the HL interaction.
What if I have a creature from bestiary 2 or 3, and add it too an encounter. What happens when I return to RW?

If you save it, it will be there, just make sure you save it after editing the encounter.

I know you are a business to make money.
You mentioned the bestiary available in content marketplace.

Are we going to need to purchase the same content for RW and HL for it to integrate seamlessly?

Will their be bundle offers including the content for both for those of us with both RW and HL?

If we already have the HL data package and when it becomes available for RW, will there be an upgrade/discount version?

I answered what I could from my perspective, this I have already done and between my custom worlds, and custom campaign story, I wouldn't be able to ever engage this amount of work again, with out RW and HL.

RW is the foundation of my game world and campaign.
HL is the framework for my encounters and player character management.

As for your other questions, I was going to ask them myself, thanks for beating me to the forums.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old February 24th, 2016, 02:42 PM
HL and RW data packages are probably quite distinct.

HL data packages allow you to create encounters or use feats and items from packages you have purchased to create NPCs. You can import HL portfolios into RW. But nothing within that HL portfolio will link in RW. If you import a goblin and mention goblins in the module text, there won't be a link.

RW data packages will likely be copy/pastes of the bestiaries and rule books. You'll undoubtedly get a stat block and quite probably a HL entry. If you don't have the HL data package though, I bet it won't load in HL.... The key piece you will get for a RW data package is the ability to link to everything. Feats and mobs and magic items will all get their own linkable entries in the Mechanics section.

For me, this means I'll only be installing SRD material and modules/APs in RW to get the basic mechanics and the adventure details. But I'll continue investing in the full data packages in HL where I need that info for crunch. I can always create entries for the 50 mobs I want to use and embed HL portfolios. But if I buy RW data rather than HL, all I'll get is linkage without the ability to edit stats or export to VTT's.
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote