Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Merion

Old January 23rd, 2017, 01:33 AM
I know, everyone at lonewolf has their hands full with the content market release and everything that's connected to this.

I just wanted to ask, where this is in the list of priorities? Will this be the next big thing they tackle after the content market? Or are there other things coming first?

For me personally, this is what I'm waiting for since I bought RW. So I thought I'll bring it up, maybe others are waiting too.
Merion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 23rd, 2017, 01:39 AM
Aye my players would love this. They have just started using the player version but it's an inconvenience for them. Web would open the tool up completely for them.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 23rd, 2017, 07:52 AM
Based on prior comments from LW:
  • Until the Content Market is done, nothing else "major" has been scheduled.
  • Once the Content Market is done and released, a new survey will be conducted of the users.
  • The survey will help decide what is "next"
  • Small things will continue to be tackled as the development team has time between tasks for the next "big thing".
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old January 24th, 2017, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Aye my players would love this. They have just started using the player version but it's an inconvenience for them. Web would open the tool up completely for them.
Couldn't convince my players to use the player version so far. I wouldn't want them all to sit with laptops at the game table anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Based on prior comments from LW:
  • Until the Content Market is done, nothing else "major" has been scheduled.
  • Once the Content Market is done and released, a new survey will be conducted of the users.
  • The survey will help decide what is "next"
  • Small things will continue to be tackled as the development team has time between tasks for the next "big thing".
Sounds sensible from their point of view. Seems like I have to launch a web view campaign once the survey starts ;-)
Merion is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 24th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
Couldn't convince my players to use the player version so far. I wouldn't want them all to sit with laptops at the game table anyway.
They wouldn't be doing that with the player version. The player version is for reference away from the game, rather than during the game.
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 24th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
They wouldn't be doing that with the player version. The player version is for reference away from the game, rather than during the game.
Why not? I have a player that uses a laptop and RW player at the game table. Yes he can't see "new" stuff I revealed but it's a great tool to remember that NPC from 5 sessions ago. Or to view an overland map, town map, or any map really. Plus who remembers the exact words for the "dying" speech of the priest from 4 months ago.

Some look outside of game but its still a great tool to help with at a game. Saves me the time of answering dozens of questions. And anything that makes my DM job easier is a great in book.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Redjack

Old January 24th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Why not? I have a player that uses a laptop and RW player at the game table.
Ditto. We have a games that have been going on for a year+. There are times they want to look back at NPC's and former adventures for the details their characters know. And the "In-Play" and "Spell" tabs in Hero Labs are beloved by several players at our table.

RW Projects: Shadowrun, Earthdawn, 3x D&D5
Games: D&D5, SR5, Baker Street, Numenera, Alternity, Dresden Files, Earthdawn
Redjack is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 24th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Farling means, I think, that it is not for live reveals during a game.. too cumbersome. For referencing past revealed data, though... that's what ShadowChemosh is talking about.
Silveras is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 25th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Temporary work around, if you have your own web site:

Export your realm with the "Compact Output" option, and check the box to only export revealed content.

Use my script to convert that to HTML.

Post that HTML file on your web site.

It's not the same as having an interactive hierarchy with linked topics, but it's something.
EightBitz is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old January 26th, 2017, 05:27 AM
Well, I'll give it a shot and see how the html looks like.

Still, would be nice to know if it is worthwhile to spend time and effort for workarounds and maybe tinker with the html to mimic a wiki like look and feel or if we will see something official soon anyway.
Merion is offline   #10 Reply With Quote