Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

_Pax_

Old May 11th, 2012, 10:44 AM
From the FAQ:
Can I get bioware as genetech? If so, can I get it in different grades, and what is the Essence cost?

Sort of. Most of the functional changes available through bioware are available through the Animal Features transgenic alteration genetech for comparable Essence and nuyen costs (p.93, Augmentation); i.e., a transgenic digestive expansion would cost 0.5 Essence and 20,000¥.

The exact limitations of what is and what is not available are up to the gamemaster; as a rule of thumb for gamemasters out there: if it’s in the animal kingdom already (echolocation, gecko thumbs, gills, etc.) it’s probably fair game. More exotic implants like chemical glands for synthetic drugs, false front, and symbionts are a little more iffy; though anyone who’s had children could at least make an argument for little parasites growing inside of you being completely natural.

Unlike bioware, however, genetech is not available in grades; therefore any transgenic alterations of this type will be based on the base Essence and nuyen cost of the bioware.

Yes, this does mean that a character with the Genetic Heritage quality can get a piece of bioware as a transgenic modification for “free” (i.e., no nuyen cost) with the gamemaster’s approval; the character still has to pay BP for the quality and Essence for the bioware/transgenic modification.
Also:
Can you use Genetic Heritage to take bioware as a transgenic modification?

Yes, with the gamemaster’s approval.

Genetic Heritage (etc) should treat Bioware augmentations as being eligible selections. Any worries about "which is appropriate or not" can be left to individual GMs, rather than the program itself.

_Pax_ is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Wilgar

Old May 14th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Hello. I am new to these boards, so apologize if this is not the correct place for this.

It seems to me that the spell "Clean Element" from Street Magic gives incorrect options. It seems like it should be Clean Air, Clean Water, Clean Earth and the like, but the drop down list contains the combat elements instead, stuff like Clean Fire, and Clean Blast. Is this an error?
Wilgar is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
dmfubar

Old May 17th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Just noticed that the In Debt Negative Quality costs 5 bp per level, but 6 bp per level is being subtracted from your character creation pool.
dmfubar is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
raggedhalo

Old May 17th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Trying to add a Mysterious Implant (Permanent Infusion). Added it as a Negative Quality at character generation, went to the Augments tab, added Sideways Permanent Infusion without any issues. Couldn't then select it from the drop-down next to Mysterious Implant.
raggedhalo is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
ahglock

Old May 17th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilgar View Post
Hello. I am new to these boards, so apologize if this is not the correct place for this.

It seems to me that the spell "Clean Element" from Street Magic gives incorrect options. It seems like it should be Clean Air, Clean Water, Clean Earth and the like, but the drop down list contains the combat elements instead, stuff like Clean Fire, and Clean Blast. Is this an error?
Since the 2 examples are clean air and water, I'd agree. While water is also a combat element, I don't think they were going for blast when they used air as an example. It is like a back to nature clean up the environment spell, so earth, water, air make sense, but metal, lasers, smoke etc don't really make much sense. I was going to take earth for my mage since he has the home grown farm thing on his lifestyle, but I went with water instead earth was not there and it still fits the concept.
ahglock is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Wilgar

Old May 18th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahglock View Post
Since the 2 examples are clean air and water, I'd agree. While water is also a combat element, I don't think they were going for blast when they used air as an example. It is like a back to nature clean up the environment spell, so earth, water, air make sense, but metal, lasers, smoke etc don't really make much sense. I was going to take earth for my mage since he has the home grown farm thing on his lifestyle, but I went with water instead earth was not there and it still fits the concept.
I suppose Clean Electricity could be useful to audiophiles...
Wilgar is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old May 18th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Clean Metal would be useful to an Enchanter.
_Pax_ is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I think "Clean [Element]" is one of many cases where they weren't clear enough on the rules, and individual players and GMs will have to use their common sense as to what's actually allowed as a spell. I don't think I should be the one choosing what's allowed for that - if the book says "[Element]", I'll give it the same list as every other spell that says "[Element]", and let the users figure out what Clean spell they actually want to use.

ahglock, to add "Earth" as an option, in the editor (Tools menu...Launch Editor), create a new file, and then on the "Selection Helper" tab, press the "New (Copy)" button, and make a copy of "Sand" (or any other existing element), rename it, give it a new ID, and then press the "Test Now!" button at the top left.
Mathias is online now   #48 Reply With Quote
Ryu

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfubar View Post
Just noticed that the In Debt Negative Quality costs 5 bp per level, but 6 bp per level is being subtracted from your character creation pool.
It substracts 5 BP and adds 5k¥. The latter step gains you another BP.
Ryu is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Mara

Old May 19th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Commlink installed into CyberArm did not show up into the Matrix Tab, nor
did it print out with the rest of the character, though it shows in the Cyberlimb.
Mara is offline   #50 Reply With Quote