Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

TCArknight

Old June 7th, 2019, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
I'd like to know, because one of the custom things I'm doing is "The Orville", based on writeups found at https://continuingmissionsta.com/201...e-fools-day-2/ (since Orville is TNG with the serial numbers filed off).

The Moclan writeup features the following Talent:

"TRADITIONAL -- You are well versed in Moclan traditions as the expected procedure for performing Tasks. You gain "Moclan Traditions" as bonus Focus. When you attempt a Task where that focus is applicable, you can use your Conn Discipline to determine if a roll scores two successes rather than the Discipline used to set the Target Number of the Task."

This gives a bonus Focus, for 7 instead of 6, and I don't know how to implement that. Help!
This should work (changing the spcHuman to whatever the species id is for Moclan)
Code:
  <thing id="talMocTrad" name="Traditional" description="You are well versed in Moclan traditions as the expected procedure for performing Tasks. You gain &quot;Moclan Traditions&quot; as bonus Focus. When you attempt a Task where that focus is applicable, you can use your Conn Discipline to determine if a roll scores two successes rather than the Discipline used to set the Target Number of the Task." compset="Talent" summary="Bonus Focus; If applicable, Conn determines if two successes on a roll.">
    <usesource source="ENT"/>
    <usesource source="TOS"/>
    <usesource source="TNG"/>
    <tag group="TalentCat" tag="Racial"/>
    <bootstrap thing="foCustom">
      <assignval field="domDomain" value="Moclan Traditions"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <eval phase="PreAbility" priority="1000">
	#resmax[resFocus] += 1</eval>
    <exprreq message="Moclan required"><![CDATA[#isspecies[spcHuman] <> 0]]></exprreq>
    </thing>
Replace the usesource entry with whatever source for the Orville info.

The #resmax line is the one that adds the additional Focus slot. The bootstrap is as if you went and clicked the add focus on the tab and selected Custom Focus then entered Moclan Traditions in the domain entry.

Does that help?

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #111 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old June 8th, 2019, 07:34 PM
Lots!
PGoodman13 is offline   #112 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old June 9th, 2019, 07:56 AM
So, with the Polyalloy Construction Talent, did you make it show just the basic Resistance 1, or did you find a way to show the Resistance 3 to non-lethal attacks as well? I would very much like to see how that's done (if it can be).

In the meantime, I'm trying to dope out how to increase Unarmed Strike damage and change Non-Lethal to Deadly for another Orville race, the Xelayans. Fun stuff.
PGoodman13 is offline   #113 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old June 9th, 2019, 08:30 AM
Man. The docs for the authoring kit suck.
PGoodman13 is offline   #114 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old June 9th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Quote:
So, with the Polyalloy Construction Talent, did you make it show just the basic Resistance 1, or did you find a way to show the Resistance 3 to non-lethal attacks as well? I would very much like to see how that's done (if it can be).

In the meantime, I'm trying to dope out how to increase Unarmed Strike damage and change Non-Lethal to Deadly for another Orville race, the Xelayans. Fun stuff.
Right now, it just adds the 1. However, this does make me think that there might be situations where just add to one or the other. I'll add a new field to the Resistance trait for keeping track of the bonus to non-lethal or lethal.

Both Non-lethal and Deadly are part of the GearQual tag group. You could do:
Code:
perform hero.childfound[wpUnarmed].delete[GearQual.NonLethal]
perform hero.childfound[wpUnarmed].assign[GearQual.Deadly]
I think Mean Right Hook talent uses Setup/1000 for the timing of it's Vicious tag assignment so that should work in this case as well.

hero.childfound[wpUnarmed].field[wpDamage].value += x would be the way to increase the damage.

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #115 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old June 9th, 2019, 03:33 PM
Okay, the last example you gave me threw a syntax error when I tried to test it. "Attempt to access text-based field 'wpDamage' as value."

Code:
perform hero.childfound[wpUnarmed].assign[GearQual.Deadly]
perform hero.childfound[wpUnarmed].delete[GearQual.NonLethal]
perform hero.childfound[wpUnarmed].field[wpDamage].value += 2
There's the whole three lines in that script. It seems okay with the first two lines, so what am I doing wrong in line 3?
PGoodman13 is offline   #116 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old June 10th, 2019, 04:54 AM
Remarked that line out and it worked fine for changing the quality, so I now have that under my belt. Poke around a bit, see if I can find some similar talent to see where I'm going wrong with the code increasing the damage.
PGoodman13 is offline   #117 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 10th, 2019, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Man. The docs for the authoring kit suck.
Although, on the flip side, I was rereading the docs, and the Authoring Kit itself is amazingly versatile.
Duggan is offline   #118 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old June 10th, 2019, 05:27 AM
It’s nothing you’re doing.

That would work fine if I had had the wpDamage field set to be numeric instead of alphanumeric. As it is, it has to be accessed as field[wpDamage].text instead and you can’t directly do math with it.

Easiest way around would be to declare a variable, set that variable to the current integer(field[wpDamage].text) and then add to that variable. At the end you would set the damage field text equal to the variable. That make sense?

Or, I can change it to a numeric field.

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #119 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old June 10th, 2019, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Although, on the flip side, I was rereading the docs, and the Authoring Kit itself is amazingly versatile.
It really is. I’m amazed I’ve been able to do what I have with it. I just wish it was more up to date. There are some small things here and there that have been improved and don’t match the wiki but are listed in bits and pieces on the forums....

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #120 Reply With Quote