Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Koreapsu

Old April 2nd, 2018, 01:13 AM
I have a large West Marches style game with 15 DMs and about 550 players. We run around 60-70 sessions per month and we are looking for something to replace various resources - I'm hoping Realm Works can do it.

1. We use RealtimeBoard for a map that players can edit. They can add pins to the map with details of their discoveries. Is this something players could do in Realm Works?

2. The map on RealtimeBoard can be obscured with a fog of war so the players can only pin on areas already discovered. I saw RW has a fog feature - would it work for this?

3. Our players love posting session logs. Is there some kind of story feature players could access and detail their sessions? We currently use Obsidian Portal for this.

4. As I said we have 15 DMs running one campaign. Would it be possible to have 15 people using one service or would they need 15 subs? If so would the subs then be able to be linked to the same campaign?

5. Can players edit or add any content to a campaign? DMs record very little player knowledge in our game - all the discoveries are player recorded - so if they don't note them down they are forgotten.

Moving a game this large anywhere is a lot of work. Just wanted to see if we could fit here. Thanks.
Koreapsu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 2nd, 2018, 10:09 AM
1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. Not really no. Technically possible but its unlikely that 15 GM would work in actual use.
5. No

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 2nd, 2018, 01:54 PM
Yeah I wouldn't recommend Realm Works for this. Sounds amazing but Realm Works is currently designed to be edited by the dm and viewed by the players.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Koreapsu

Old April 2nd, 2018, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.
Koreapsu is offline   #4 Reply With Quote