Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rashidali

Old November 1st, 2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Matthias, you've addressed this by stating that you couldn't duplicate it. Just wanted you to know that the description in my copy of HL also appears as a magic item similar to what neurotopia describes.

Description text begins:

"This crystalline blue-white staff fell from the sky during a dazzling display of falling stars."
I have the same issue. I was able to duplicate it with just loading up HL and not even entering a character, just clicking OK on the Configure Hero screen, then clicking on the Feats tab then clicking on Acrobatics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg acrobatics.jpg (301.6 KB, 13 views)
rashidali is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old November 2nd, 2010, 12:38 AM
I made a fighter dwarf. 6th level. I added a composite str long bow. I am NOT specialized or focused on the weapon at all. My str is 15 so I get a +2 and the str on the bow is a +2 as well. My dex is a 13 so I get a +1 with it. This is masterwork as well.

So I should be getting +1 for dex to hit, +2 for Str to hit and +1 for masterwork to hit as well as +6 bab (basic attack bonus) for a total of +10 to hit right?

Right now I am getting a +8 to hit.

I have to say I am heavily encumbered and my armor check penalty is -11. The armor is a custom armor so... it should not be causing the problems. because if I take it off and drop it to the ground it does not fix the problem
Nikmal is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
shieldknight

Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
I made a fighter dwarf. 6th level. I added a composite str long bow. I am NOT specialized or focused on the weapon at all. My str is 15 so I get a +2 and the str on the bow is a +2 as well. My dex is a 13 so I get a +1 with it. This is masterwork as well.

So I should be getting +1 for dex to hit, +2 for Str to hit and +1 for masterwork to hit as well as +6 bab (basic attack bonus) for a total of +10 to hit right?

Right now I am getting a +8 to hit.

I have to say I am heavily encumbered and my armor check penalty is -11. The armor is a custom armor so... it should not be causing the problems. because if I take it off and drop it to the ground it does not fix the problem
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you get the +2 str for attack. It's only for damage.
shieldknight is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
mbaum

Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:30 AM
Haste in the spell adjustments is not calculating movement properly it seems to just add 30’ to the movement when it should be 30’ to a maximum of double your movement then modified by armour or encumbrance. My human fighter with full plate and haste has a movement of 50’ and i believe its supposed to be 40’. Same effect with small races with 20’ base movement.
mbaum is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
mbaum

Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:42 AM
Furious Focus feat doesn’t modify my first power attack modifier correctly, it still gives me the penalty for power attack.

Would also be nice if there was an in play button for the Vital Strike Feat that would modify your weapon damage.
mbaum is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Zandari

Old November 2nd, 2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shieldknight View Post
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you get the +2 str for attack. It's only for damage.

That is correct. In the case of composite bows that allow for strength to be used, it is a bonus to damage only.
Zandari is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Jim.DiGriz

Old November 2nd, 2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
An animal shaman druid gets the ability to wild shape into their totem animal at 2nd level, but other uses of wild shape are delayed to 6th level.
Has Paizo posted a clarification of this rule somewhere? Neither my GM nor I interpreted it that way, but it would be awesome for my character in an upcoming game if it did work as you state.

Our interpretation was that the ability is not acquired at all until 6th level, from which point it functions at druid level +2 for appropriate totem animal forms, but at druid level -2 for all other animal forms. This would make the Animal Shaman archetypes consistent with the various Terrain Druid archetypes, except for the bonus to totem animal forms.
Jim.DiGriz is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old November 2nd, 2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
An animal shaman druid gets the ability to wild shape into their totem animal at 2nd level, but other uses of wild shape are delayed to 6th level.
I must be missing something here..

Animal Shamans Cannot WildShape at Level 2!! At Level 2 Totem Transformation which allows them to gain an aspect of their totem while still staying in their normal form.

In Fact Animal Shams get Wild Shape the same level as a Druid, Level 4, It just has a different effect at Level 6 as discribed in the APG.

Where are you reading that they get wild shape at Level 2? and and all other uses are delayed to level 6? It does not say that anywhere in the description or the FAQ.

Archetypes abilities don't replace regular class abilities unless otherwise noted, and the Wild Shape ability in Animal Shamans does not say it replaces Druids getting Wild Shape at Level 4, just that it changes to -2 Level for all other then totem animal and +2 Level for totem animal .

Edit: I retain the right to be wrong in everything I said above

Last edited by Dragnmoon; November 2nd, 2010 at 03:25 PM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Dryder

Old November 3rd, 2010, 02:38 AM
I set a checkmark for the "Show FEAT/Ability Descriptions" in the Configure Hero-Box.
When I print the normal CharacterSheet, those descriptions get cut. The last few lines are missing.
Is this intentional?! Would be great to get the whole description, especially for players who want to have it all on their sheet.
Dryder is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Shayd3000

Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:58 AM
Dragonmoon, I had the same issues, but a check of the Paizo forums, in which some "official" type folks chimed in, indicated that the Wild Shape ability functioned at +2 level equivalent for the totem animal and -2 level equivalent for everything else. This would mean that a 2nd level druid functions as a 4th level druid for purposes of wild shape for his animal totem (and as a 0 level for everything else) and a 4th level druid functions at 6th level for his totem form and 2nd level for everything else, and a 6th level druid functions at 8th level for his totem form and at 4th level for everything else. This is where folks are coming up with the totem shape at second level and all other shapes at 6th level.

George

Member: Amorphous Blob Games
Shayd3000 is offline   #50 Reply With Quote