Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Shayd3000

Old September 16th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I've searched the forum for this and not found it, so if it's already been requested, please forgive.

At my game table not everyone has the software or a laptop at the table, therefore we mostly use printed character sheets. The character sheets print with encumberance and all modifiers done for you, which I think is nice. However, it is not uncommon in our group for characters to "drop packs" when going in combat, at which point encumberance levels change, meaning stats change. We don't want the current calculations to go away, but it would be nice, if in the fields where encumberance is actually changing a stat, it could show both the changed stat (and changed bonus) as it does now, but then maybe follow (or precede as it does for speed) with a "/" followed by the unmodified value. This is how it currently seems to work with speed, where an encumbered character will show FULL SPEED / CURRENT SPEED on his character sheet.

It would be nice to see this for items such as AC, so that for example if my AC is 15 with a +1 bonus while encumbered and thus 18 with a +4 when not I'd like to see something like:

AC 18 / 15 Dex: +4 / +1

Anyway, my two cents.

This would also be a very helpful feature for me when building character sheets for use at convention games, which I'll be doing pretty heavily (and probably for Savage Worlds as well as PF) because folks at Con's tend to play directly from the sheet and don't bother to factor changes for things like dropping loads - having the info right in front of them would really be a nice feature.

BTW - for using Hero Lab in game I just go to the temporary conditions, and have one set up called "Drop Pack" that subtracts the weight of the pack. However, when reading this forum (looking to see if someone had already posted this) I found out I could create a 0 weight custom location - so now I guess I could create that, call it "Floor" and just move anything I drop or give away to that in game.

George

Member: Amorphous Blob Games
Shayd3000 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Shayd3000

Old September 18th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Just wanted to say - Thanks for the new "Dropped to Ground" option! That is really awesome!!!!

Member: Amorphous Blob Games
Shayd3000 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote