Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

GTCC

Old February 3rd, 2020, 09:45 AM
Hello all.

I've created a Druid and attempted to add a creature under Gear > Mounts & Hirelings, then added the Wildshape adjustment and it causes the validation error, "Wildshape: Must be a minion".

I've attached a Picture and the portfolio to show this.

I must be missing something. I searched and found questions/answers about this in the d20 forum, but nothing in 5e. Thank you for any help with this matter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wild Shape Invalidation.jpg (221.1 KB, 3 views)
Attached Files
File Type: email Druid.por (26.7 KB, 1 views)
GTCC is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 4th, 2020, 05:21 AM
I don't have my PC on hand to download the .por at the moment. But my first question is whether or not the creature adheres to the standard Wild Shape restrictions (Beast, CR).

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old February 4th, 2020, 09:57 AM
I checked into it, the beast in the .por is a Badger, so its a beast and is definitely an approved shape for any druid. The expr-req on the wildshape adjustment is looking for a tag that isn't on any of the minions - it might be something that LW changed the minion gizmo in an update where minions no longer get a Hero.FullMinion tag. So the adjustment can have that prereq dropped or rewritten to a more appropriate tag.

The error isn't preventing a minion beast shape from being selected and it does look like it updates the mental scores on the beast chosen. It's more of an annoyance.
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 25th, 2020, 03:10 PM
This will be fixed in the next update. I've switched it to test:
Code:
tagis[system_tag.minion] <> 0
I also added a Pre-reqs test to see if the master (the hero who owns the minion) has Wild Shape:

Code:
if (master.childlives[cDrdWilSha] <>0) then
@valid = 1
endif

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote