Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 6th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I can't help with #1, but for #2, would it work to code a trait or an adjustment for each of the factions?

First, go to the User Tags field at the bottom, and add the PFFaction tag
Add an eval script (the timing doesn't really matter for this, so UserFirst, 100 will work) of:

perform hero.assign[User.PFFaction]

then, create a pre-requisite of:

if (tagcount[User.PFFaction] <= 1) then
@valid = 1
endif

And give that a descriptive error message.

That means that if more than one PFFaction tag shows up on the hero, each of the items with that pre-requisite will show up as an error. (This is a simple script that won't grey out the other faction items - I know there's a way to check whether an item has been added yet or not. If you want to try some more advanced programming, you can add a second part to the pre-req script that requires 0 PFFaction tags if the current item isn't added).
Mathias is online now   #11 Reply With Quote
Cullyn

Send a message via AIM to Cullyn Send a message via Yahoo to Cullyn

Old October 16th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Any updates on the status of the Pathfinder Beta dataset? I actually haven't purchased the d20 rules (I use M&M mostly) but would certainly do so when the Pathfinder Beta rules becomes available.
Cullyn is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 24th, 2008, 04:34 AM
At 09:48 AM 10/16/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Any updates on the status of the Pathfinder Beta dataset? I actually haven't purchased the d20 rules (I use M&M mostly) but would certainly do so when the Pathfinder Beta rules becomes available.
We just got the major M&M add-on released and our next priority for HL is the Authoring Kit. Once that is released, we'll be looking at the Pathfinder stuff in more detail.
rob is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
egg_green

Old November 4th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Heck, I'd preorder a Pathfinder dataset if I could!
egg_green is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 9th, 2008, 05:37 PM
At 06:51 PM 11/4/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Heck, I'd preorder a Pathfinder dataset if I could!
Unlike various other companies out there, we don't do pre-orders. The reason is simple. The realities of being a tiny company are such that we sometimes run into surprises that force us to make changes in our plans and/or simply delay getting stuff completed. If we take money for a pre-order, then one of two things happens when those surprises occur. Either we aren't able to make the adjustments we need or customers are left waiting for something they've actually paid for. Both options are bad IMHO.

Taking money from a customer establishes a formal contract and locks in expectations. While it would be nice to get some extra operating capital in place, failure to deliver on a contract of sale is something we aren't willing to risk. We've developed a very loyal customer base over the years by doing our best to deliver on what we promise, but we're not always successful. I don't enjoy the prospect of explaining to customers why we haven't completed something they paid for.

So keep that money warm for Pathfinder. We should have something ready at some point in the not-too-distant future. :-)
rob is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
egg_green

Old November 13th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Fair enough; I understand your position. Just consider it a vote of confidence that you have such eager customers
egg_green is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Cyjack

Old December 1st, 2008, 02:45 PM
Im an owner and greatly appreciate your work on M&M. I would really love to see support for the Pathfinder Beta available as soon as possible also, as my group is abandoning 4E and moving to Pathfinder (DnD 3.75) instead.

I would think it would be a comparatively easy task next to a gargantuan effort like M&M, as it really only involves some minor changes to the standard d20 dataset , relatively speaking.

In any event, here's another sale when you're able
Cyjack is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Cullyn

Send a message via AIM to Cullyn Send a message via Yahoo to Cullyn

Old December 3rd, 2008, 05:03 AM
With the advent of the Authoring kit, are there plans still going forward to make an official Pathfinder dataset or are you going to rely on the community to make one. Mind you, either option is just fine and I know that making a Pathfinder dataset using the Beta rules is the first thing on my agenda once the Authoring Kit is released.
Cullyn is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Barrowstone

Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:03 AM
I just wanted to express my interest in - and willingness to pay for - an official Pathfinder dataset!
Barrowstone is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
hunter1828

Old January 21st, 2009, 05:45 PM
Really looking forward to the Pathfinder RPG dataset when it's released.
hunter1828 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote