Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

royalfa

Old January 13th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Ok I resolve the selection of skills (2) at the creation step of the character "bootstraping" the things. Here is the code.

Quote:
<thing id="OrSkill2" name="Origin Skill" description="Origin Skill." compset="RaceFeat">
<fieldval field="usrCandid1" value="component.Skill"/>
<tag group="Hide" tag="Special"/>
<eval phase="Traits" priority="10000"><![CDATA[
~add origin skills
perform forward[OrSkill.?]
]]></eval>
</thing>
Every race must have this. (here is one question: If all races must have this is good idea put in the componet.race or is fine in each thing.race?)

Ok. The trouble is that this second chose list allows to chose again the first skill selected. How I make the menu don't show the skill already selected?

Moreover, as I previously said in other post the characters can only purchase ranks on this 2 skills and that granted by his classes.
The above "thing" has the instruction -->
Code:
perform forward[OrSkill.?]
and I think in add this in the portal baSkill defined in the tab_skills
Code:
<list>OrSkill.?</list>
this not work. I try other things with list but without success either.

I will try with <candidate> and try to find another way to "filter" to show the skills in the respective tab
At last, some skill will need to be showed, because they have ranks but the character can't purchase ranks in this ones. I'm thinking this kind of skill only show in summary tabs and in sheets, again need to figure it out how to make a filter. (this based in the ranks>0)

Thanks
royalfa is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 13th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I would put the script in the component, if every thing made from that component needs to have it - that'll save you a lot of work if next week, you find that you need to alter the way the script works.

Rather than trying to exclude the skill, I'd set up an Eval Rule that will complain if the user takes the same skill twice - much simpler to implement.

For the future, may I recommend you only ask one question in each post? I'm afraid I've had trouble understanding what you're saying at times, and breaking the questions up will make them easier to understand.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
royalfa

Old January 13th, 2012, 04:59 PM
0k Thanks Mathias will do: 1 question per post.

Sometimes only "writing" help me to understand myself.

(and English is not my native language. Sorry).

I will try to implement the Eval Rule.
royalfa is offline   #3 Reply With Quote