Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 7th, 2011, 04:20 AM
One thing I'd like to see in Ream Works is the ability to output my campaign file to something that I can put on a flash drive and take to game. I could see this one of two ways:
  • Convert the file to a format that can easily be read by other programs, i.e a pdf or a set of html files.
  • A 'Reader' app that doesn't require installation and can open and display RW data files.

The reason I'm asking for this is that while I usually do my campaign work on one computer, I usually end up using someone else's computer at the table.
FifthWanderer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old January 12th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthWanderer View Post
One thing I'd like to see in Ream Works is the ability to output my campaign file to something that I can put on a flash drive and take to game. I could see this one of two ways:
  • Convert the file to a format that can easily be read by other programs, i.e a pdf or a set of html files.
  • A 'Reader' app that doesn't require installation and can open and display RW data files.

The reason I'm asking for this is that while I usually do my campaign work on one computer, I usually end up using someone else's computer at the table.
If it is like Hero Labs at all, I can see you needing the computer other then the one you have the software installed on, will need to have a licensed copy of the software too. But in that way you can transport the data files back and forth. I am hoping that with Realm Works that they will do the two license thing too in that way I am able to have it on my desktop and laptop and then purchase the extra licenses needed to provide my group with them too.
Nikmal is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 13th, 2011, 07:49 AM
As far as the reader app, I was thinking something like the Deck Viewer they have for Card Vault.
FifthWanderer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote