Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Bob G

Old February 18th, 2020, 07:21 PM
The custom ability I'm working on currently lets you make an unarmed attack that deals damage equal to your Intelligence bonus.

The following tags are present:
Helper.WeaponSpec, wCategory.Unarmed, IsWeapon.wUnarmed,, Helper.AllEqMain, wType.P, wCritMult.2

Now, I know that the editor is looking for a wMain tag to tell it what the damage is, but for this ability, the damage is dynamic, and based only on the hero's INT bonus. There doesn't see to be a wMain.0 tag, so how else can I get the ability to appear on the weapon tab to just list the INT bonus as damage?

<post-attributes, 10000>
Code:
~If we're not shown, just get out now
     doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] <> 1)

~ if we've been disabled, get out now
     doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

field[abDuration].value += round(field[xTotalLev].value/8,0,-1) + 1

field[abValue].value += hero.childfound[aINT].field[aBonus].value
field[abValue2].value += hero.childfound[aSTR].field[aBonus].value
field[abValue3].value += field[abValue].value - field[abValue2].value

field[dmmBonus].value += field[abValue3].value

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old February 19th, 2020, 07:06 AM
I'm not sure how it is accomplished, but there is an ability within the "Brute Sphere" called "Shove" which deals only your (attack stat modifier) as damage.

Greater Shove then adds half of your BAB to that damage.

It's in Spheres of Might, done by TheIronGolem.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old February 19th, 2020, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
I'm not sure how it is accomplished, but there is an ability within the "Brute Sphere" called "Shove" which deals only your (attack stat modifier) as damage.

Greater Shove then adds half of your BAB to that damage.

It's in Spheres of Might, done by TheIronGolem.
Thanks for the suggestion! I had a look at Shove, but I have a feeling that you define your attack stat before you select this talent, and didn't know how to backtrack to where that selection is defined. I appreciate your help, thank you again.

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Bob G is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old February 19th, 2020, 11:48 AM
If you are only attempting to make the additional unarmed strike damage based upon Int instead of Str, then the Community Pack already has this option. It's a adjustment you would add to the character, where the attack and the ability are selected.

If you are attempting to modify the base dice damage based upon Int, then I'm not sure if Community Pack allows for that, but it might be worth a look.

If this is outside of what you're looking for, then my apologies for not being more helpful.
Krothos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old February 19th, 2020, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
If you are only attempting to make the additional unarmed strike damage based upon Int instead of Str, then the Community Pack already has this option. It's a adjustment you would add to the character, where the attack and the ability are selected.

If you are attempting to modify the base dice damage based upon Int, then I'm not sure if Community Pack allows for that, but it might be worth a look.

If this is outside of what you're looking for, then my apologies for not being more helpful.
My friend, no apologies are necessary at all. Your willingness to help is really appreciated.

The ability I'm trying to create does indeed change base damage, unfortunately. Any ideas on how to define base damage as a number, not as a die roll?

Bob G is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 19th, 2020, 09:30 PM
Use the fixed melee damage field (wFixDamage) and remove the wMain.? tag. You can put whatever you like into wFixDamage and it will get displayed.

Code:

field[wFixDamage].text = field[abValue3].value

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old February 20th, 2020, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Use the fixed melee damage field (wFixDamage) and remove the wMain.? tag. You can put whatever you like into wFixDamage and it will get displayed.

Code:

field[wFixDamage].text = field[abValue3].value
YES! wFixDamage.text! That was the field I was hoping to find! Thanks for like, the millionth assist SC.

Bob G is offline   #7 Reply With Quote