Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Mergon

Old May 22nd, 2019, 08:43 AM
Is there any word on when/if this change will be implemented?

The new Artificer (2019) from Unearthed Arcana needs this ability. I was hoping the latest HeroLab update would add it, but so far nada.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old October 25th, 2019, 07:34 AM
I second this. With the Artificer becoming an official 5e class in November's release, Hero Lab's 5e package will essentially be unusable for any players using this class without some sort of update.

I don't know how Hero Lab codes for this, but the Artificer's formula for determining how many spell slots it grants per level is ROUNDUP(Artificer Level/2), whereas all the other half casters round DOWN. If Hero Lab uses the multiclassing table as its basis for determining total levels available to a hero, we just need the ability to indicate that a class rounds UP when its levels are being applied.

I don't know if this would also affect the cantrips issue.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old October 25th, 2019, 04:07 PM
Did you open a ticket? Just wondering if we need to drop a line into the official todo list for the devs.

As I understand how casters work they look at the Helper tags, so they'll probably have to add a new Tag and new code behind the scene to populate the slots tables. (Helper.FullCaster, Helper.HalfCaster, Helper.3rdCaster and Helper. WarlocCast)

I petition for Helper.ArtifiCast with the rest of you.
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old October 25th, 2019, 08:30 PM
I opened a ticket anywhere from 2-4 weeks before I posted this originally.

Mergon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old October 28th, 2019, 01:40 PM
I wonder if they're waiting on the book to actually release? I think it's pretty safe to assume they'll be sticking with the "round up" approach for the Artificer, but I understand not devoting resources to it until it's a done deal.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old October 29th, 2019, 12:05 PM
One of the reasons, secondary at best, that I have not completed the UA - Artificer, is that we may just want to delete it all together from the Community Pack. It may not be worthwhile to go back and put it in after they fix the issues for a finalized version of the Artificer.

Mergon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old October 29th, 2019, 02:06 PM
I can't imagine we're better off starting from scratch. You did some fantastic work on it.

Fenris447 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old October 30th, 2019, 09:11 AM
I didn't mean to start the new Artificer from scratch. I will probably use most of it in the new official version if it is compatible. I just think that when the official version goes live, we should scrap the UA version as completing it may be a waste of time and effort.

Mergon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old October 30th, 2019, 01:21 PM
Oh I see. I agree. My one question is whether or not we use the same IDs for the finalized version as we did for the playtest one. If we do, it would theoretically automatically transition everyone to the final version. But it could also break some portfolios.

Fenris447 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old October 30th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
Oh I see. I agree. My one question is whether or not we use the same IDs for the finalized version as we did for the playtest one. If we do, it would theoretically automatically transition everyone to the final version. But it could also break some portfolios.
From experience, that won't work. The few people that decided that the playtest or UA article is superior always raise a stink.

Personally I always wanted for the UA articles that were over a year old to get Obsoleted (like they do over on dndbeyond, etc.), the extremely unsupported stuff like the EN5ider stuff to get dropped and cleaned out and always had someone pop up and tell me we should keep what I thought was dead weight.
dungeonguru is offline   #10 Reply With Quote