Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 9th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Just change the race of the hawk, the same way you set it in the first place.
Mathias is online now   #41
OgrePuppy

Send a message via ICQ to OgrePuppy Send a message via AIM to OgrePuppy Send a message via Yahoo to OgrePuppy Send a message via Skype™ to OgrePuppy

Old November 9th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Just change the race of the hawk, the same way you set it in the first place.
It doesn't bring up a "choice of races" option. I press the "choose animal companion" button and it auto-fills the hawk in the box.

EDIT: Mods, please delete the posts about the animal companion. Why? I'm an idiot. Sorry, Mathias..!

Last edited by OgrePuppy; November 9th, 2010 at 01:26 PM.
OgrePuppy is offline   #42
OgrePuppy

Send a message via ICQ to OgrePuppy Send a message via AIM to OgrePuppy Send a message via Yahoo to OgrePuppy Send a message via Skype™ to OgrePuppy

Old November 17th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgrePuppy View Post
Ranger level 5 with a Wisdom of 17 (+3 bonus), but I'm only being allowed 1 spell.

(I chose 4 levels Ranger, 5 levels of a PrC, and then 1 additional level of Ranger, if that makes any difference in troubleshooting.)

Let me know if you need additional info.
This continues to be flawed. Is it reproduce-able or am I the only one?
OgrePuppy is offline   #43
Sendric

Old November 17th, 2010, 06:13 AM
OgrePuppy,

A 5th level Ranger is granted the ability to cast 1st-level spells, but does not receive any spells until 6th level. A Wisdom of 17 grants a bonus 1st level spell, so a 5th level Ranger with a Wisdom score of 17 should only receive 1 1st-level spell.
Sendric is offline   #44
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 17th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
I'll now go back to holding my breath on the matters of the javelin penalty not being applied if the javelin is magical, that the correct muliplier being used for thrown weapons when a character has the Far Shot Feat and my ancient complaint about magical horseshoes & mounts wielding weapons.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Hmm, puzzled. I just used the Editor to make a few potions that my Paladin has brewed. ...

NEVER MIND -- my fault, I didn't put the words "Potion of" in the title so it didn't list it correctly in the inventory. You'd think selecting "Appear as Potion?" would automatically throw "Potion of" in front of whatever title you gave it. *shrug*

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; November 17th, 2010 at 02:06 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #45
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2010, 02:05 PM
The file you created was saved in the HeroLab/data/d20 directory, right? Test Now! can add contents from any saved file location, but re-compiling (like when you re-start the program) only takes files from that folder.

Were there any compile errors reported during the load? If there are errors in .user files, HL will open in recovery mode, not adding any .user files, so that you can fix the errors.

Did you put your potions into a source? Is that source still active for this character?
Mathias is online now   #46
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 17th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The file you created was saved in the HeroLab/data/d20 directory, right? Test Now! can add contents from any saved file location, but re-compiling (like when you re-start the program) only takes files from that folder.

Were there any compile errors reported during the load? If there are errors in .user files, HL will open in recovery mode, not adding any .user files, so that you can fix the errors.

Did you put your potions into a source? Is that source still active for this character?
Hi Mathias, Yes, I had one error and didn't know about the "recovery mode" thing. Rebooted again and found that it didn't automatically put the words "Potion of" at the beginning of the title as I assumed it would when I selected the checkbox next to "Appear as Potion?"

Can you give us a hint when the next update might be coming our way?

And if it'll have the hoped for Far Shot and Javelin penalty fixes?

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #47
bodrin

Old November 18th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I keep getting this error message if I click the question mark next to an item with charges. The item in question is a custom gear thing I've entered but on other custom stuff that ive done I haven't received this error before.

Attempt to access field 'CustDesc' that does not exist for thing 'gMalPoison'
Location: 'mouse info' script for Template 'hPick' (in Portal 'hInfo') near line 8
bodrin is offline   #48
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Bodrin, didn't you report this bug in the "Random Number Script Clarification" thread? I answered it there.
Mathias is online now   #49
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Hi Mathias, Yes, I had one error and didn't know about the "recovery mode" thing. Rebooted again and found that it didn't automatically put the words "Potion of" at the beginning of the title as I assumed it would when I selected the checkbox next to "Appear as Potion?"
Why prevent a DM who wants to give out "Healing Draughts" from renaming the Potion of Cure Light Wounds.

Quote:
Can you give us a hint when the next update might be coming our way?

And if it'll have the hoped for Far Shot and Javelin penalty fixes?
I'm not sure at this point.
Mathias is online now   #50
Closed Thread