Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Closed Thread

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 1st, 2011, 06:22 AM
The secondary spells are the ones that are recieved from either domains or school specializations.
Lawful_g is offline   #121
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 1st, 2011, 09:35 AM
Ah, I see. Essentially bonus spells from domains and from specializing as a wizard. Gotcha, I have not done this. Is there a race that gets bonus secondary spells like this?
Kendall-DM is offline   #122
Lawful_g

Old June 1st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Several. I am currently working on the Angel, Planetar, which gets to choose from a couple domains for it's racial spellcasting.
Lawful_g is offline   #123
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 1st, 2011, 09:54 PM
Hmm, I had thought that choosing cleric as a spellcasting class covered that, but in truth, I haven't yet made a monster with the cleric spellcasting ability. I did not know it wouldn't do the domains, live and learn.
Kendall-DM is offline   #124
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 11th, 2011, 03:20 PM
While creating the Power Attack adjustment for my game, I came across something that was baffling me for a while until I figured out it is being applied to all double weapons. Double weapons can be used two-handed, getting 1.5 times the strength damage, when not using the weapon as a double weapon (i.e., using each end). Using a double weapon as a two-handed weapon and NOT as a double weapon is not applying the 1.5 strength bonus to damage, only the normal strength bonus.

PHB, page 113: "The character can also choose to use a double weapon two-handed, attacking with only one end of it..."
Kendall-DM is offline   #125
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 16th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Nevermind this post, I'm a dunce.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; June 16th, 2011 at 06:52 PM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #126
Lawful_g

Old June 24th, 2011, 03:22 AM
A final, less than hopeful bump.
Lawful_g is offline   #127
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 24th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I have made a custom scroll, one of the spells on it is a custom spell, otherwise just normal spells from the d20 SRD. Before I report it as a possible error, I'd like to see if the community has seen this already. After I have created the scroll, the following pops up: "Live state of gizmo 'CustScroll' is being tested before live state of parent pick 'sCustomScr' is resolved". There are 5 different spell on the scroll, including the custom one of course. Any ideas, or is it a bug?
Kendall-DM is offline   #128
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 24th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
At 12:25 PM 3/12/2007, you wrote:

Bags of Holding are definitely working, complete with the contents weight not being propagated upwards. However, it appears that the Handy Haversack and Efficient Quiver were overlooked as containers. That's easily fixed, so we'll get it sorted out for the next update, which is targeted for the end of this week.

Thanks for flagging these oversights to us!!!

-Rob
Being a good guy I searched for references to containers and weight before posting. Hence this old thread coming back to life.

While the weight of contents isn't being carried forward (good thing) there also isn't any check that I can see going on to make sure regular sacks/bags/backpacks or their magical equivalents aren't being overloaded by pack-rat players.

Am I wrong in thinking that's wouldn't be a hard thing to have the software check? A 'disallow more items being added to the container' script once the maximum capacity of the item is reached. No?

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #129
Sendric

Old July 1st, 2011, 05:56 AM
Lawful,

Would it make sense to make a class of the same name as the race then bootstrap it to the race? It doesn't seem like adding secondary abilities to a race is possible (and it certainly isn't easy if it is). It wouldn't be pretty but it might work.
Sendric is offline   #130
Closed Thread