Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dianae

Old July 26th, 2014, 12:21 AM
So, I am beginning to tackle making my first Homebrew Variant Class for Pathfinder, and I have a question that I'm not sure has been answered before, and I may answer part of my own question.

What I want to do is use the Magus Spell List as a Base, and remove(preclude?) at least 2 schools of Magic (Divination & Enchantment) and add some Divine spells(mostly heals).

From what I can piece together, I might not need to recreate the Full spell List, I just create a new spell list with the Divine Spells that are being added, and also use the | separator to include the Magus List while some how precluding the "barred" schools?

Am I on the right track? I'd love it if this would work, so that if more Magus Spells get added they would get auto sorted.
Dianae is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 26th, 2014, 04:21 AM
You are on the right track, take a look at the Red Mantis Assassin to see how they do their spell list and you'll have a good start. Is this a prepared or spontaneous caster, because it's slightly different depending on which.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dianae

Old July 26th, 2014, 11:42 AM
We were initially going with Prepared, but since there is the prescedent of the inquisitor for the non Charisma based spontaneous caster, we're probably going Spontaneous.

Sounds like putting the cart before the course if we're tackling it from both ends, but the in house dev team is still trying to hash out balanced rules for the 3 Archetypes, and that's causing a little bit of back and forth.

Luckily, (or not depending on your point of view) a good portion of what we can do with the class and it's archetypes depends on how well I learn how to use the Hero Lab editor, with each question they ask me sending me off on a quest to find information.
Dianae is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 27th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Then that should work much like the Red Mantis Assassin since that'spontaneous too. So check that field and modify it on the class helper. If it's an archetype you'll have to modify it using linkage[varies] on the archetype. Are there a lot of other spells that don't fit your selection or is it just a few?
AndrewD2 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dianae

Old July 27th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I was going to remove all Illusion, Enchantment, and possibly Divination spells entirely, while using the "new" spell list to add in Conjuration(Healing) spells and maybe some other Restoratives.
Dianae is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 28th, 2014, 09:40 AM
So something like "(sClass.cHelpMag & !(sSchool.Divination | sSchool.Illusion | sSchool.Enchant)) | (sSchool.Conjur & sSubschool.Healing) & !Helper.Obsolete"

That'll get you all magus non-div/illu/ench spells, and all conjuration healing spells. if there is a specific other restorative spell that's not Conjuration (healing) you'll have to specify those individually.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dianae

Old July 28th, 2014, 08:24 PM
I've tried looking everywhere in the editor to try and pull things up but I cannot for the life of me find where to compile a Spell List like this, I went back to the tutorials, but that just showed how to add a single spell to a list instead of altering an existing one.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to find a way to implement this and either I'm just being blind as a bat, or the code is just swimming in my head too much.

Looks like I may have to do this manually. /sigh.
Dianae is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 28th, 2014, 09:27 PM
You'd put it in an eval script on your class helper. Like so

Final 10000
Code:
          field[cSpellExpr].text = "(sClass.cHelpMag & !(sSchool.Divination | sSchool.Illusion | sSchool.Enchant)) | (sSchool.Conjur & sSubschool.Healing) & !Helper.Obsolete"
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dianae

Old July 28th, 2014, 11:19 PM
I tried that and got the error

Attempt to access field 'cSpellExpr' that does not exist for thing 'cDFRbyMg'

I think I'm missing something else, but at least It's not giving me syntax errors or just ignoring the rule.

I'm hedging on the missing something else since I'm kinda bouncing around on the code for the prototype.
Dianae is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 29th, 2014, 06:39 AM
It should be on the class helper, in the editor it's the Class->Class tab the item usually begins with cHelpXXX where XXX is the abbreviation for the class
AndrewD2 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote