Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
RicoTheBold

Old August 1st, 2019, 09:42 AM
So...HLO seems to be struggling to load anything, so that's great. It takes a long time to create or load a character, and it's struggling to load any options if/when it finally does load.

There's a warning on the playtest system pages that the playtest is being retired soon, with a convenient link to the HLO FAQ that doesn't mention anything about it.

Hero Lab Online has a relatively small window to actually become a reliable tool that doesn't just intermittently give stupid errors in confirming a change or fail to work entirely. I'm not going to pay for licensed content if the tool is such a pain to use how and when I want to use it, especially when it's also locked behind a subscription. If I'm not buying the licensed content, then it rapidly can't support the options my players will want, and most of the point of paying for someone else to build a character creator is gone.

I'm pretty much either all-in or all-out, because if I'm paying for a tool I want it to be comprehensive, but if the tool remains so damn unreliable, I'm probably all-out. Even if the new combat manager actually works, why would I ever trust it to be usable for any given game session? I can't even create a character right now.
RicoTheBold is offline   #1 Reply With Quote