Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 1st, 2011, 08:18 PM
Found two parts to this error with the '(Saving Throw) Protection' in the powers list.

A) When I select the 'Impervious' Extra, the system always applied the levels of 'Impervious' to Toughness no matter what I chose from the drop-down box: Fortitude, Reflex, Toughness or Will.

B) Even when Fortitude, Reflex or Will are the selection, the 'Impervious' value always appears in the 'breakdown' computation for Toughness, not the 'breakdown' for the chosen Save AND on the character sheet (both printed and in the onscreen 'print preview') the 'Impervious' value is always displayed with Toughness rather than under the selected Save.

Speaking of 'breakdown' computation errors: the software still shows "User: (+10) for an Attribute at the default level of 10 when it should read "User: (+0)" for a value of 10, "User: (+1) for a value of 11 and "User: (-1)" for a value of 9.

Apologies for reporting this so close to the new HL update. I have no idea if this is also happening with 3E as I'm keeping my attention focused on 2E.

Keep up the good work,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; June 2nd, 2011 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Additional words inserted to clarify what I was saying ;-)
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old June 3rd, 2011, 01:29 PM
FYI, The 3e Impervious Defense Power appears to work correctly.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 6th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Found two parts to this error with the '(Saving Throw) Protection' in the powers list.

A) When I select the 'Impervious' Extra, the system always applied the levels of 'Impervious' to Toughness no matter what I chose from the drop-down box: Fortitude, Reflex, Toughness or Will.

B) Even when Fortitude, Reflex or Will are the selection, the 'Impervious' value always appears in the 'breakdown' computation for Toughness, not the 'breakdown' for the chosen Save AND on the character sheet (both printed and in the onscreen 'print preview') the 'Impervious' value is always displayed with Toughness rather than under the selected Save.

Speaking of 'breakdown' computation errors: the software still shows "User: (+10) for an Attribute at the default level of 10 when it should read "User: (+0)" for a value of 10, "User: (+1) for a value of 11 and "User: (-1)" for a value of 9.

Apologies for reporting this so close to the new HL update. I have no idea if this is also happening with 3E as I'm keeping my attention focused on 2E.

Keep up the good work,
Ah, I see that Impervious FORT, Impervious REF and Impervious WILL are listed separately as such further down in the Powers list. Thus one should buy these Saves that way rather than using (Saving Throw) Protection.

A bit confusing.

On the bright side: with this latest update I see that my beloved Tactical Movement is now a 'Chapter 8' option on the Configure Hero screen.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 6th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Ah, I see that Impervious FORT, Impervious REF and Impervious WILL are listed separately as such further down in the Powers list. Thus one should buy these Saves that way rather than using (Saving Throw) Protection.

A bit confusing.

On the bright side: with this latest update I see that my beloved Tactical Movement is now a 'Chapter 8' option on the Configure Hero screen.

Perhaps the "Impervious" extra can be greyed-out as an option under (Saving Throw) Protection.....a pop-up stating that the user should scroll down and use the Impervious ( Fort, Ref or Will ) instead would be the next logical thing to have happen when someone scrolls over "Impervious" to find out why it's greyed out.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 6th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Mmm... I can't remember whether the Impervious Will, etc are only in the UP package or not. I think there's still ways to flag the Impervious so that it only gets greyed out if those items are present, but it is something to consider.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote