Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LazarX

Old November 9th, 2023, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
No, don't add anything for free. I haven't run an alchemist so am not 100% on how it works, though. You will define batches from your available formulas. Those will use your daily allotment of reagents. You'll click the + icon next to each batch to create it as part of your daily preparations—that will add it to your alchemical equipment under infused items created by you.

I don't know if those automatically go away after a night's rest (it doesn't look like it when I try and test it), so if you change up your daily batch setup you may need to delete some infused items and refresh the batch the next day. Hopefully someone from Lone Wolf or who plays an alchemist can give you better details.
I'm a bit confused. I go over to my build side and lets say I use half of my reagent quota to create 2 batches of lesser healing 1 batch each of antivenom and anti plague which should give me respectively 4, 2, 2 of each iterm. Should they be then showing up on the play side, as I don't find them there to be used. All I do see is infused batches 8/8 prepared 4.
LazarX is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old November 9th, 2023, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If you're an alchemist or some archetype that allows you to create temporary items, there will be a table of batches to prepare (the exact terminology may vary whether it's alchemical reagents, snares, temporary talismans, etc). There, you add the list of items you want to prepare, and choose how many batches of each to create. Then, the left-most button will create an infused stack of that item, with the correct quantity. For a new day, we assume that most alchemists won't vary their choices much, so we don't just clear the whole set - for each item where you've used some, go to the same button that created the infused stack, press it again (there will be a different icon, but in the same column), and it will reset that stack back to an un-used state with the original quantity.
Okay let's say I'm starting my adventure with a clean slate so I delete all my batches and clear all alchemical items from my inventory because I've been doing things wrong all the time.

So my venture captain tells me that me and my three best Pathfinder buddies are being sent to the icy mountains of the Heaven's Path and to be wary of poisonous ice spiders.

So to be properly prepared I make two batches of lesser winter wolf elixir to have enough for the four of us. a batch of lesser antidote to give us two doses to have at hand and a batch of lesser elixir of life to give us some healing.

This should give us 4,2,2 respectively of each, leaving 4 reagents in reserve for Quick Alchemy.

So to this, I go to my Build area and under Wizard i prepare those batches in Infused alchemical items to prepare having fixed my issues with advice from earlier posts.

Now going into my Alchemical Items list in the build section Nothing is listed save for an unquantified Batches of Infused Reagents in my Alchemical items Non-Infused list.

There is nothing showing up in my infused list whether self created or by others. What am I doing wrong? And how should Quick Alchemy be handled in play? When I go to the Play side I see reagents 8/8 Prepared 4. Shouldn't that be 4/8 since I've used 4 already?

Last edited by LazarX; November 9th, 2023 at 08:48 PM.
LazarX is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old November 9th, 2023, 09:43 PM
Never mind I found the missinglinks hitting the plus in the batches put them into my inventory.

The only question I have left is handling quick alchemy

Last edited by LazarX; November 9th, 2023 at 10:51 PM.
LazarX is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old November 10th, 2023, 12:27 AM
I think that depends on how you play. I play in person and don't use HLO to roll, so I'd increase my spent reagents on the Play tab and roll for whatever I made with Quick Alchemy. If I rolled in HLO, I'd probably add things I created regularly with Quick Alchemy to my gear and set the quantity to zero, then I could use it for reference/rolling when needed.
mototom is offline   #14 Reply With Quote