Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Bob G

Old January 9th, 2019, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Your really close!

Code:
     ~Take the user's picks and make them class skills
     if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
        perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.assign[Helper.ClassSkill]
     endif
To break this up think of this way. You PERFORM against the PICK a specific ACTION (assign).

The pick in this case is field[usrChosen1].chosen and then your action is "assign[]" a tag. Perform is usually used when dealing with tag actions like (delete, assign, pulltags, pushtags). Normally its not used with fields when doing normal arithmetic like addition, subtraction etc.
Thanks again SC, that worked. There's one last thing to fix. The ability asks the user to select three non-class skills. The dropdown window for the first two appear normally, but I think that the panel width is cutting off the third selection window. How to I tell the editor to 'wrap' the text so that the third selection appears below the first two?
Bob G is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 9th, 2019, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
Thanks again SC, that worked. There's one last thing to fix. The ability asks the user to select three non-class skills. The dropdown window for the first two appear normally, but I think that the panel width is cutting off the third selection window. How to I tell the editor to 'wrap' the text so that the third selection appears below the first two?
Simple answer is you don't. The UI is locked to only two dropdowns.

The solution to this is build a helper ability with one skill choice and bootstrap it to the main ability. This way both abilities come along when chosen and give three dropdowns.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old January 10th, 2019, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Simple answer is you don't. The UI is locked to only two dropdowns.

The solution to this is build a helper ability with one skill choice and bootstrap it to the main ability. This way both abilities come along when chosen and give three dropdowns.
Okay, good to know. Is a helper ability a special thing, or just another ability that gets bootstrapped by the primary ability?
Bob G is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old January 10th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Okay, good to know. Is a helper ability a special thing, or just another ability that gets bootstrapped by the primary ability?
One thing that uses this to gain a third dropdown, IIRC, is the Headband of Int +6. Having a look at it might help you!
Lord Magus is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 10th, 2019, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Just another ability that in this case is NOT setup to be selected by your Rogue class. One way to make sure this ability can not be selected by a gamer is to add the tag "Helper.Helper" to the Thing.

If you look at the example Lord Magus you will find Helper.Helper on the second magic item that is bootstrapped.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old January 17th, 2019, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Just another ability that in this case is NOT setup to be selected by your Rogue class. One way to make sure this ability can not be selected by a gamer is to add the tag "Helper.Helper" to the Thing.

If you look at the example Lord Magus you will find Helper.Helper on the second magic item that is bootstrapped.
I just can't get this to work. I think I did everything correctly, even checked the bootstrap timing to ensure it came before everything else, but no luck.

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 17th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Quote:
I just can't get this to work. I think I did everything correctly, even checked the bootstrap timing to ensure it came before everything else, but no luck.
Email me the file again and I can take a look...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old January 17th, 2019, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Email me the file again and I can take a look...
File is on its way. Thank you!

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #18 Reply With Quote