Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ich.pdf

Old April 2nd, 2016, 07:54 AM
Hey there!

I am very new to Herolab and maybe I am asking silly questions, that are already answered somewhere, but I just can't find anything
:-)

I wanted to play around a little bit with the editor to create a custom critter, a poisonous snake. But I don't know how I add the correct damage value to a natural weapon. I want it to be STR + something, can I just enter that formula or how does it work?

Is there any easier way (like a "custom critter"-Thing, that someone has already created that would save me from using the editor each time I need a new critter?

Also: Is it possible to have Critters be a minion to a character, like a vehicle is?

Thx for your help

ich.pdf
ich.pdf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ich.pdf

Old April 7th, 2016, 08:03 AM
So, I figured out howthe damage value works... or at least how I get it to be what I want it to be...

But still... does anyone know how to make a critter a minion of a character?
ich.pdf is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 7th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I've had a busy last few weeks. At this time, critter purchase is not available in SR5, because Catalyst hasn't published any purchasable critters, and so I don't know what rules and mechanics they'll need.

Catalyst has announced that 5e's critter book is coming soon (or at least they're showing art previews for it), so once that's out, I suspect it will have purchasable critters, the same way 4e's Running Wild does, and that's when the critter purchase mechanisms will be added to the SR5 files.

As a workaround, I'd use "Create new Hero" from the portfolio menu, and add another character to the same portfolio. It won't be a minion, but at least it will be in the same portfolio.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ich.pdf

Old April 8th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Never mind ;-) I know you guys are all super busy, and meanwhile I made use of a workaround (the one you described, thanks for that).

Is there a way to open the game data in the editor to have a look at the "stock things" to kind of redesign them instead of making a new thing each time? It would be great to have completed things to learn from... I have nearly no idea about programming but I have a pretty good understanding of any logic, so many questions that will raise in the future maybe answered by just looking at something already done..

Because I guess the answer is no :-D Would anyone share his/her basic "custom things.user" for learning purposes?
ich.pdf is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Have you found the "New (Copy)" button on the bottom left of each editor tab?
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ich.pdf

Old April 8th, 2016, 09:14 AM
oh my..

I assumed this would copy an existing entry in the opened .user file, so I didn't try...

... I never said anything ...
ich.pdf is offline   #6 Reply With Quote