Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 9th, 2015, 10:52 AM
A new update of the Shadowrun 5 files for Hero Lab is now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab.

This update adds Chrome Flesh to the SR5 files! You can add this package to your license from the "Purchase Data Package" option in the License menu, and it's available for $9.99.

For those of you with our Run Faster package, the Point Buy alternate character creation system has been added. This is a free update for everyone with the Run Faster package. The remaining alternate character creation systems from Run Faster are still in progress, and we'll get them to you as soon as we can.

Here's the change list for this update:
New Releases!

• Content from Chrome Flesh is now available! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu.
Enhancements & Changes

• The Point Buy alternate character creation system from Run Faster has been added as a free update for all users who own the Run Faster package.
  • Updated the Shadowrun Missions rules to use the "Shadowrun Missions Chicago FAQ Ver 0.1" version of the Missions rules.
  • For Shadowrun Missions games set in Chicago, a "Chicago-Specific Rules" option has been added in the Shadowrun Missions settings that will enforce the rule that the minimum lifestyle in Chicago is Squatter.
  • A character's dicepools to resist addictions are now calculated and displayed on the Armory summary and the printout.
  • Addictive items and substances now list their addiction ratings and thresholds, along with the relevant addiction resistance dicepool(s).
  • Added an Attribute (Drug Effect) adjustment, to apply modifiers that will be listed as being due to a drug, and can be modified by effects like the Sober Time drug.
  • English is no longer added by default to new characters. This is because while working on Life Modules system (which is not done yet), the native language a character gets is set by the Nationality that's chosen, and having a native language already present was interfering with the languages the life modules were trying to add.
  • Based on the posts in this thread on Catalyst's forum by Giabralter, who is the freelancer who wrote the adept way qualities in Street Grimoire, two optional rules have been added to implement what he describes as the rules as intended for these qualities, which are that adept way qualities should only cost Karma x1 when purchased after character creation, instead of the normal karma x2, and that the way of the burnout is free to select during advancement, as long as you've lost enough essence. Note that when using these rules, you'll see the normal cost listed when choosing which new quality to add, but once added, the discounts will be properly applied.
Bug Fixes

• An error message of "Pick referenced by template not found" was generated several times when printing.
  • While purchasing items, their wireless effects were not being displayed.
  • If something that's a container (like a fingertip compartment, smuggling compartment, or a cyber holster) was added as a modification of another device (like a cyberlimb), you were not able to use that container to store gear. Now, the parent device will show as a container if any of its modifications are containers, so that you can store your items in it, representing that the item is stored in whatever modification makes this a container.
  • The vision enhancement and audio enhancement cyberware were adding to the dicepool, but should add to the limit for tests using those senses.
  • Skill Packages were showing as options when using the Gain a new Active Skill advancement.
  • During advancement, it would not report an error if a non-changeling added a metagenetic quality.
  • On short screens, the entire In-Play tab will scroll, to avoid items being cut off.
  • On a character with a fractional essence, the Immunity to Normal weapons power was not rounding Essence down to the next whole number when using it to calculate its armor rating.
  • Many modifications with wireless effects were not transferring these to the item they are installed in.
  • When you moved your mouse over the free skills ? at the bottom of the active skills tab for a magician or technomancer, the title of the mouseover information would always say "Priority C", whatever priority your character actually has.
  • When displaying what went into a calculation, the attributes would sometimes incorrectly list matrix attributes in the calculations.
Data File Authoring

• Added the trtDrug field to everything with the Traits component. This field is intended as a sub-set of trtInPlay, used to represent effects that are coming from a drug. This way, effects like the Sober Time drug can properly apply their effects to only those modifiers due to drugs.
  • Added the #traitdrug[Id,Operator,Value,Text] macro. This takes the same parameters as the existing #traitcurrent[] macro, but modifies the trtDrug field instead of trtInPlay.
  • Subscriptions are now sorted by category while selecting which subscriptions to purchase. Existing subscriptions should be updated to add a sorting category from the "Subscription Category" option.
  • Because the list of modification categories that was required for a device that can store injected substances was getting so large, the ModCat.Injected and ModCatAllw.Injected tags have been added. All devices that can add injectable substances should use only the ModCatAllw tag, and the substances should get their normal ModCat tag, so that they sort properly, and get ModCatAllw.Injected, so that they show up on all the devices they belong on.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
IssLance

Old November 9th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Finally!
IssLance is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MadCat75

Send a message via Skype™ to MadCat75

Old November 9th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Yes
MadCat75 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vytek

Old November 9th, 2015, 05:35 PM
First build a Cyber Centaur.

I'm getting a Rituals Learned Error. 0 / -8 (8 Overspent) when I don't have a magic attribute.

The Skimmers are not added to the Land Movement.

With four legs I can only get a SINGLE Secretech PPP Legs Kit.

Land Movement is also not factoring in my cyberleg agility, and only my body agility.

Striking Callus is listed as another weapon, and should be wrapped into Unarmed. Damage is also incorrectly totaled. I can add +2 P to damage. Each pair adds +1 damage. Two on both hands, and feet.

Last edited by Vytek; November 9th, 2015 at 05:50 PM.
Vytek is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old November 9th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Please report bugs here: http://www.wolflair.com/support/report-shadowrun5-bug/
AndrewD2 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Orudeon

Old November 9th, 2015, 07:20 PM
  • While purchasing items, their wireless effects were not being displayed.
  • Many modifications with wireless effects were not transferring these to the item they are installed in.
I

I love you

These are such badly needed fixes

At last
Orudeon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ech0

Old November 9th, 2015, 09:49 PM
Looking forward to using it.
Ech0 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old November 10th, 2015, 06:43 AM
Ran into two errors, bio compatible is not stacking with way of the burnout and if you load an activesoft into your Renraku Skill Jack it does not display the skill correctly with the relevant weapon (example: pistols).
It only displays the skill in the skill section (it should show it on the relevant weapon too).
Also prototoype transhuman shows red warning even though bioware has been allocated to it.
adzling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Redjack

Old November 10th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Glad to see work on Run Faster. I personally am looking for Sum to Ten. Any updates there?

RW Projects: Shadowrun, Earthdawn, 3x D&D5
Games: D&D5, SR5, Baker Street, Numenera, Alternity, Dresden Files, Earthdawn
Redjack is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 11th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
Glad to see work on Run Faster. I personally am looking for Sum to Ten. Any updates there?
My current project is constructing the mechanics to support Life Modules, because once the mechanics are in place, data entry on all the different life modules (in several books) can be handled by a contractor. While the contractor is working on filling in all the content for that, I'll be working on Sum to Ten.

I'll get those all to you as soon as I can.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote