Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Aldaron

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
You could create the container Home as gear instead of as minion/follower. Then it would just show up in the characters gear listing. make it a weight 0 and it wont have any encmberance either.

Just a thought.
Yep, that's what I normally do. But as I said, there are like thirty or so items which really cramps up that character's gear listing.

I'm trying to figure out a way of doing it so that I can put the gear in a 0-encumbrance location, but without that location showing up either on the gear listing or in the Dashboard.
Aldaron is offline   #291
chiefweasel

Old April 16th, 2013, 04:47 PM
The Home, used as gear, would show up as 1 item, like a bag.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #292
Aldaron

Old April 16th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Quote:
The Home, used as gear, would show up as 1 item, like a bag.
But all the equipment the character has in, say, his backpack, still shows up on the list...wouldn't it still be the same with a customised container? Sorry...I'm at work at the moment, so I can't test it - but I'll try it as soon as I get home.

Sorry...I missed that last post. Let me clarify:

Let's say the character has 25 items, totalling 500 lb of gear, which they want to store at home.
I create a custom container, and call it "Home", and give it a weight of 0 lb.
Now, if I transfer those 25 items into it, they'll all be contained in "Home", but from memory (as I said, I don't have HL in front of me atm), the 25 items would all still display in the character's gear list, with the little icon next to each one to say it's stored in the "Home" container, the same as if I'd put them in a backpack, for example.

Last edited by Aldaron; April 16th, 2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Clarification
Aldaron is offline   #293
Aldaron

Old April 16th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Okie-dokie. Just got home and created a test character. I added some ridiculously heavy objects (like an anvil and a printing press) which you would obviously not want to cart about with you, and created a 0-weight custom container I called "Home"

When I clicked on the container icon for each item, and selected "Home" as the place to store it, the items all got the little "held by" icon, but they all remained in the Gear list, and the character's encumbrance stayed at 300+ lb.

I'm not worried about the weight, as I can just select "dropped to ground" for the "Home" container...what I'd like to do is not have the items show up on the Gear list; the specific character I was initially talking about has close to 30 items in his gear list, and I have to scroll through lists of tapestries, paintings and silver-inlaid iron tankards to see if he's carrying a waterskin.

I'm not trying to be a pain about this, honestly - and I'm not complaining about anything, I just think I haven't explained what I'm trying to do well enough...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07.JPG (69.4 KB, 9 views)
Aldaron is offline   #294
chiefweasel

Old April 17th, 2013, 05:02 AM
What about putting them into a Journal entry?

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #295
Aldaron

Old April 17th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Quote:
What about putting them into a Journal entry?
Aha! Mr Weasel, you are a genius!
We rarely use actual journal entries in HL, so it just never occurred to me!

*takes hat off and bows to CW*
Aldaron is offline   #296
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 17th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Before the gear and mule character discussion goes too much further.

Yes, the option to remove characters from the tactical console is already something we want to add.

Yes, gear handling is something we know we need to improve.

There is nothing mutually exclusive about those - we want to support both the mule character method of storing gear and have gear stored in containers on your own character be better organized.
Mathias is offline   #297
drakahn99

Old April 17th, 2013, 01:08 PM
i usually just create a home npc and when i want to see what i have there i use the bags at the right of the screen under the one designated under the npc, though usually i have a hireling i pay to look after my home when i'm away.
drakahn99 is offline   #298
drakahn99

Old April 17th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
I'm not worried about the weight, as I can just select "dropped to ground" for the "Home" container...what I'd like to do is not have the items show up on the Gear list; the specific character I was initially talking about has close to 30 items in his gear list, and I have to scroll through lists of tapestries, paintings and silver-inlaid iron tankards to see if he's carrying a waterskin.
i believe shadowchemosh made an adjustment that can push things to the top or the bottom of your inventory list. not sure if itl do what you want but may be an option for you as i haven't played with the adjustment as it hasn't become necessary for me yet.
drakahn99 is offline   #299
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 17th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakahn99 View Post
i believe shadowchemosh made an adjustment that can push things to the top or the bottom of your inventory list. not sure if itl do what you want but may be an option for you as i haven't played with the adjustment as it hasn't become necessary for me yet.
It currently only works on weapons actually. I do have new ones coming out that will let you add or change the name of a Gear item. I don't know if gear can be hidden. I am sort of doubtful.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #300
Closed Thread