Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

The Wyrm Ouroboros

Old December 20th, 2017, 10:56 PM
When using the WiS Weapon Focus ability, I continue to get this after selection of the weapon class:

Quote:
Invalid syntax for tag template
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'fwsWepFoc' (Eval script #1) near line 32
I also occasionally get this:

Quote:
Invalid tag expression specified for 'foreach' statement
Location: 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fCoverFirV' near line 9
'fCoverFirV' has, of course, Weapon Focus (in this case with any firearm) as a prerequisite.

Hm. Would it work better for you to, instead of precluding 'fWepFoc', instead have 'fwsWepFoc' replace 'fWepFoc'?

Dragonlance Fiction: Childe Lydia to the Dark Tower Came

"Look, I could kill you, but then I'd have to fill out paperwork. I hate paperwork. Even more than I hate you." -- Phineas Phentari

Last edited by The Wyrm Ouroboros; December 20th, 2017 at 11:06 PM.
The Wyrm Ouroboros is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old December 21st, 2017, 12:00 AM
Unfortunately, no. I initially used replace instead of preclude, but doing so caused problems. Specifically, if you use replace, that replacement happens even if the WiS rules are not enabled. Which naturally bollixes up every non-WiS character who has Weapon Focus. There are a lot of those.

Could you please post a copy of the portfolio that's causing this problem, with a description of the exact steps to reproduce the error? I have come across those errors before, but they've been sporadic. It would help a lot to have a consistent way to reproduce the problem so that I can diagnose the root cause. It may be a timing issue.
wdmartin is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old December 22nd, 2017, 12:21 AM
Wyrm, never mind on that request for a .por file. I think I've got it nailed down.

And, amazingly, it's not a bug in my code! (For once.) It's a bug in the pre-reqs script for the feat Covering Fire (the one from the Villain Codex).

The pre-req code for that feat currently looks like this:

Code:
var tagexpr as string

if (hero.tagis[WepFocus.?] <> 0) then
	tagexpr = "wCategory.Firearm & (" & hero.tagids[WepFocus.?] & ")"
else
	@valid = 0
	done
endif

foreach thing in BaseWep where tagexpr
	@valid = 1
nexteach
Because the error says it was an invalid tag expression, I copied this script over to a fake feat called Blork and added a line like this right after the tagexpr variable is defined:

Code:
	debug "Tag expression is: " & tagexpr
Then I set up a Gunslinger with the World is Square rules turned on, added Weapon Focus (Firearms), and Covering Fire. The debug output looks like this:

Code:
Tag expression is: wCategory.Firearm & (WepFocus.wAasenMort,WepFocus.wMHAirPist,WepFocus.wMHAirRifl,WepFocus.wArcPistol,WepFocus.wArcRifle,WepFocus.wAutograpn,WepFocus.wAxeMusket,WepFocus.wBlunderbu,WepFocus.wBombardHv,WepFocus.wBombardLt,WepFocus.wBombardSt,WepFocus.wBuckGun,WepFocus.wCannon,WepFocus.wCannFiend,WepFocus.wGRCannGre,WepFocus.wGRCannHvy,WepFocus.wGRCannLgt,WepFocus.wGRCannSct,WepFocus.wMHHKMP5,WepFocus.wMHHKMP5K,WepFocus.wMHM4Carbi,WepFocus.wMHUzi,WepFocus.wCulverin,WepFocus.wDartGun,WepFocus.wDeathRay,WepFocus.wDblHackbu,WepFocus.wGRDragon,WepFocus.wDragMuske,WepFocus.wDragPisto,WepFocus.wEMPPistol,WepFocus.wEMPRifle,WepFocus.wFirelance,WepFocus.wMHFlameth,WepFocus.wFlaTh1917,WepFocus.wMHFlareGn,WepFocus.wFlareGun,WepFocus.wMPBBGatgn,WepFocus.wGRGorgon,WepFocus.wGravPisto,WepFocus.wGravRifle,WepFocus.wMHM792,WepFocus.wGRHarpy,WepFocus.wHotchkiss,WepFocus.wIdRifle,WepFocus.wInfPistol,WepFocus.wLasPistol,WepFocus.wLasPist2,WepFocus.wLaserRifl,WepFocus.wLMGMadsen,WepFocus.wMHM2HB,WepFocus.wMHM60,WepFocus.wMHTTMG,WepFocus.wGRMedusa,WepFocus.wMHNetLaun,WepFocus.wMHPntBlGn,WepFocus.wMHBer92F,WepFocus.wMHBer93R,WepFocus.wMHCM1911,WepFocus.wMHCDE10mm,WepFocus.wMHDerring,WepFocus.wMHDestEgl,WepFocus.wMHFalcon4,WepFocus.wMHGlock17,WepFocus.wMHGlock20,WepFocus.wMHMAC10,WepFocus.wMHSITESM9,WepFocus.wMHSkorpin,WepFocus.wMHTEC9,WepFocus.wMHWalPPK,WepFocus.wGRPrivate,WepFocus.wMHCPython,WepFocus.wMHPathfin,WepFocus.wMHRugerSv,WepFocus.wMHSWM29,WepFocus.wMHAK47,WepFocus.wMHBarLtFy,WepFocus.wMHHKG3,WepFocus.wMHHKPSG1,WepFocus.wMHM16A2,WepFocus.wMHOICW,WepFocus.wMHRem762,WepFocus.wMHSterAUG,WepFocus.wMHTACMIL,WepFocus.wMHWinch94,WepFocus.wMSRDConcs,WepFocus.wMSRDCryon,WepFocus.wMHLAW,WepFocus.wMHBene121,WepFocus.wMHBerM3P,WepFocus.wMHBrnBPS,WepFocus.wMHMoss12G,WepFocus.wMHSawShot,WepFocus.wMPSCEGRSG,WepFocus.wMHSkFmSpr,WepFocus.wGRStinger,WepFocus.wMHSpWatGn,WepFocus.wGRSwivGun,WepFocus.wMHTaser,WepFocus.wGRTitan,WepFocus.wMHWaterCn)
Yup -- the hero was successfully tagged as having Weapon Focus with every single firearm in the game. But the resulting tag expression is totally invalid -- hence the error.

If you disable the WiS rules and create a gunslinger with Weapon Focus (Blunderbuss) and Covering Fire, everything works great. In that case, my test code yields this:

Code:
Tag expression is: wCategory.Firearm & (WepFocus.wBlunderbu)
This is a valid tag expression and works fine.

But if you take that same gunslinger (without the WiS rules) and add a second Weapon Focus feat, it triggers the invalid tag expression error. Here's the debug output for a gunslinger who's got Covering Fire, Weapon Focus (Blunderbuss) and Weapon Focus (Lance):

Code:
Tag expression is: wCategory.Firearm & (WepFocus.wBlunderbu,WepFocus.wLance)
So basically, the Covering Fire pre-req script is bugged in such a way that it cannot tolerate a PC with more than one Weapon Focus feat.

I'll file a bug report.
wdmartin is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
The Wyrm Ouroboros

Old December 23rd, 2017, 05:08 PM
And I was just testing stuff out and putting together a file. :P Fair enough.

Dragonlance Fiction: Childe Lydia to the Dark Tower Came

"Look, I could kill you, but then I'd have to fill out paperwork. I hate paperwork. Even more than I hate you." -- Phineas Phentari
The Wyrm Ouroboros is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Avalon2099

Old January 2nd, 2018, 08:27 PM
Having some issues with this mod. Ive followed all the instructions for import, when I get to the in-game setup step I scroll down to House Rules and cannot find the "World is Square" options in any form.

Please help.
Avalon2099 is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old January 3rd, 2018, 07:14 AM
Hrm! Well, that's unexpected.

Just to confirm, you added the source, and it did the import and told you the import was successful, right?

Did you get any error messages at any point? If so, when did they occur and what did they say?

What other Hero Lab mods do you have installed, if any? It's possible they might not be playing nice with each other.

Try deleting the WiS rules using the "manage third-party updates" option and then reinstall them.
wdmartin is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
SpectreMarkVI

Old January 6th, 2018, 06:36 PM
I've noticed recently that when I equip a shield an ACP is being applied to my attacks as if I'm not proficient with it. It happens when I use the first 2 option in the newest update.
SpectreMarkVI is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 8th, 2018, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreMarkVI View Post
I've noticed recently that when I equip a shield an ACP is being applied to my attacks as if I'm not proficient with it. It happens when I use the first 2 option in the newest update.
Using weapon finesse? if so, that is working as intended (unless world is square is supposed to change that).
Aaron is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old January 9th, 2018, 04:15 PM
I built a level 1 rogue with WiS enabled, and gave him a short sword and a shield. When he has the shield equipped, his attack bonus looks like this:

Quote:
Melee -2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (dexterity mod) -2 (ACP from armor) -2 (ACP from shield)
Then I disabled the WiS rules and gave him Weapon Finesse normally. His attack bonus then looked like this:

Quote:
Melee -2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (dexterity mod) -2 (ACP from armor) -2 (ACP from shield)
I'm getting identical results whether the World is Square rules are enabled or not, so I don't think it's a WiS thing.

As to whether it's really supposed to apply that armor check penalty TWICE, I don't know. It seems a tad punitive.

My test PC wasn't wearing armor -- his only gear was a shield and the short sword. I've attached the portfolio in case anyone wants to verify that I'm not crazy. Please, please verify that I'm not crazy. I'M NOT CRAZY! *froths*
Attached Files
File Type: email Testem.por (46.6 KB, 2 views)
wdmartin is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 9th, 2018, 11:28 PM
Your character is not proficient with a shield, thus you get a penalty (equal to its ACP) on all attacks. That's the -2 armour penalty. You then get an additional -2 penalty because of Weapon Finesse and a shield.
This has nothing to do with the WiS data files - I don't have them at all, so they weren't active. You could report this as a bug if you don't think both penalties should stack.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #40 Reply With Quote