Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Giget

Old October 3rd, 2015, 05:59 PM
So I'm creating a custom race but I'm running into a bit of a problem I would like it to have alternate racial traits like resistances and such but I only want the player to chose one of them. I've looked at the elf file for a ides but I can't seem to find out how they did it.
Giget is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
The Wyrm Ouroboros

Old October 4th, 2015, 11:53 PM
As I recall, and having done this, racial variant traits replaces one or more standard racial traits. Once something is replaced, you get an error if you try to replace it again (i.e. pick more than one alternate). I did this with a 'lizard-centaur' sort of critter (the Zoats from WFRP), and the several variants each replaced the 'sub-type' racial trait I built into the base form. While there were other alternate racial traits that replaced things possessed by all Zo'ah't, the sub-type was required: tortish? lizardic? serpentine? aquatic serpentine? Your selection might give you access to other variations ...

Dragonlance Fiction: Childe Lydia to the Dark Tower Came

"Look, I could kill you, but then I'd have to fill out paperwork. I hate paperwork. Even more than I hate you." -- Phineas Phentari
The Wyrm Ouroboros is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Giget

Old October 5th, 2015, 04:28 AM
Sorry I forgot to update, after a few hours of tinkering I figured it out. Now if you could help me figure out how to allow the user to only pick one that would be greatly appreciated, as it would speed this process up significantly.
Giget is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 5th, 2015, 07:36 AM
If it is something all members of the race get, and does not replace things, I would use racial custom specials instead of Alternate Race traits. Set the rGiveSpec field on the race to 1, and that will mean taking more than one will raise an error.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Giget

Old October 5th, 2015, 06:27 PM
That worked thank you!!!
Giget is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
The Wyrm Ouroboros

Old October 6th, 2015, 01:29 AM
Ooo, definitely nice. Modified my Zo'ah't race this way; works very well. Thank you again, Aaron.

Dragonlance Fiction: Childe Lydia to the Dark Tower Came

"Look, I could kill you, but then I'd have to fill out paperwork. I hate paperwork. Even more than I hate you." -- Phineas Phentari
The Wyrm Ouroboros is offline   #6 Reply With Quote