Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

AlHazred

Old June 2nd, 2016, 06:32 AM
I love, love, LOVE the 5E HL app! It's exactly what I need for the many games I run of this edition. However, there are a few features that are sorely needed to really get the most out of it for Adventurers League play.

1) Players in the AL choose a faction for their character from this list:
  • Harpers
  • Order of the Gauntlet
  • Emerald Enclave
  • Lords Alliance
  • Zhentarim
It would be handy it there was a place for that on the character sheet similar to PFS characters. There are also emblems for the factions in the Media Kit that could probably be added to the program, although IAMNAL.

2) Renown points and Downtime Days need to be tracked in the Journal. Renown works much the same way as in PFS, and you really only have renown in one faction at a time; however, I know of people who use Renown in home games that might have multiple different pools of Renown with different organizations.

Downtime Days are time you've accumulated to do side-projects, when you're not adventuring. They are covered a little bit in the PHB, and more treatment is given in the DMG. You can spend them for specific things like making items, learning a language, or (in the AL) leveling your character from level 4 to level 5, or level 10 to level 11; this is so that DMs (who probably gain less than their players) can still keep up when they all bring their characters to a convention.

Anyway, it's fantastic, and I'm really thankful so many people have put in the work to get this going!
AlHazred is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old June 2nd, 2016, 12:45 PM
I've been in discussions with the development team already about both of these items. I'm not sure how far it went but I have hopes the next patch will be to your liking.
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AlHazred

Old June 3rd, 2016, 03:47 PM
Awesome!
AlHazred is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
gmanor

Old December 23rd, 2016, 08:10 AM
This. I would kill a man for the ability to track downtime the same way gold is tracked. It's an expendable resource that is added to and subtracted from a total amount. The DT journal as is, is clunky and seems backwards. It'd be great if it could be deducted automatically from a pool sort of like how gold can be when purchasing items but instead it's spent on projects.
gmanor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 23rd, 2016, 12:16 PM
These are both in already.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RedDwarf

Old February 20th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Previous post says "these are in already" along with several links. Could someone please post how to access adding downtime days? I clicked on some of the links and found an explanation for tracking how downtime days are SPENT [From Character menu > Configure Hero option > scroll through Hero settings > Under "Otional Rules" section check box for "Downtime Tracking"]. I can spend downtime days now with this tab but I do not see how to ADD downtime days earned with adventures.
RedDwarf is offline   #6 Reply With Quote