Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

beltaur

Old March 2nd, 2014, 01:07 PM
Hi I'm an owner of Hero lab and find it useful so I am thinking about investing in this product because a friend and I play alot of D&D with me as DM.

My questions are:

1 If I purchase it is it mine forever or do I have to pay yearly for a new license. (I know about the cloud payments and that isn't what I am asking, just the product).

2 With hero lab we needed a license for each computer, I have my desktop that I work at , a secondary computer desk top at a friends that is totally mine (I use only), and my laptop, do we need to buy a license for each of my own computers.

Thanks and hopefully these weren't asked and answered before, I tried to find the answers.

Last edited by beltaur; March 2nd, 2014 at 01:35 PM.
beltaur is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old March 2nd, 2014, 05:12 PM
Once you buy it it's yours, and you can use it on as many computers as you wish!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
beltaur

Old March 2nd, 2014, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the answer, I'll be buying it when it comes out. Looks like a good product. If anyone tried it let me know if it is please.
beltaur is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old March 3rd, 2014, 04:17 AM
Most of us who post here are in the Early Access program, and the overwhelming consensus (subject to the caveat that some people are getting frustrated with unexpected development delays) is that this product is the dog's. (British colloquialism, shortened form. Full term "the dog's bollocks", meaning "an extremely good and exciting thing".)

Seriously, it's great. I could go on for hours about it, really. I don't have the time to do so, right now.

Just to note that until the web-based player view functionality goes live, it might not meet all of your needs, but as campaign management software goes... it really doesn't get any better than this.
Chemlak is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old March 3rd, 2014, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Most of us who post here are in the Early Access program, and the overwhelming consensus (subject to the caveat that some people are getting frustrated with unexpected development delays) is that this product is the dog's. (British colloquialism, shortened form. Full term "the dog's bollocks", meaning "an extremely good and exciting thing".)

Seriously, it's great. I could go on for hours about it, really. I don't have the time to do so, right now.

Just to note that until the web-based player view functionality goes live, it might not meet all of your needs, but as campaign management software goes... it really doesn't get any better than this.
Even those of us who are frustrated with unexpected delays are only frustrated because we really like what we've seen so far, and we would really like to be able to purchase our own copy.
EightBitz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
woobyluv

Old March 3rd, 2014, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Even those of us who are frustrated with unexpected delays are only frustrated because we really like what we've seen so far, and we would really like to be able to purchase our own copy.
^^This!
woobyluv is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old March 3rd, 2014, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Very soon now.. just a few beta builds away if the Newsletter is/was a good indicator
I think right now the functionality is almost at it's best right now and with the exception of the few reported bugs you are very close to seeing a released ver: 1.0
Nikmal is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old March 3rd, 2014, 11:20 AM
Got to second Nikmal's post. I'm uncertain how much detail I should release about the current state of the software (other than to say that it's been stable for me for about 6 builds), but we've had a few fast build releases, recently (one less than 24 hours after the previous one, which I suspect was to squash a bug), and (drumroll) contact made regarding our perception of the readiness of the software for general release.

I know that LWD are going to take the cautious approach, but it's really, really, REALLY getting close, folks.

I can't wait to see you all on the other side.
Chemlak is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aleslosh

Old March 3rd, 2014, 05:12 PM
Good news indeed! I will probably be one of the first hundred or so to buy this once its released. From everything I have seen and heard/read, this software is exactly what I've been looking for for a number of years.
Aleslosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mmurphy

Old March 3rd, 2014, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltaur View Post
Hi I'm an owner of Hero lab and find it useful so I am thinking about investing in this product because a friend and I play alot of D&D with me as DM.

My questions are:

1 If I purchase it is it mine forever or do I have to pay yearly for a new license. (I know about the cloud payments and that isn't what I am asking, just the product).

2 With hero lab we needed a license for each computer, I have my desktop that I work at , a secondary computer desk top at a friends that is totally mine (I use only), and my laptop, do we need to buy a license for each of my own computers.

Thanks and hopefully these weren't asked and answered before, I tried to find the answers.
I don't know if I am mis-reading your post, but hero-labs comes with 2 license's so long as it is the same user (ie, user has 2x computers).
Mmurphy is offline   #10 Reply With Quote