Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Creeperman

Old September 1st, 2014, 08:05 PM
How exactly am I supposed to use this functionality? No matter what override I try to specify, in either data or extension files, I get errors about inconsistent size characteristics and the override fails. I am not trying to specify different squad sizes.

I have even gone into the XML to manually add a "*" value to the minsize, maxsize, startsize, and increment attributes, to no avail.

What exactly does this error mean, and how am I possibly triggering it?
Creeperman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AntaresCD
Volunteer Data File Author

Old September 2nd, 2014, 01:15 PM
My experience with overrides, personally, was that they had a very specific purpose (mostly tags and descriptions), so I haven't used them a lot and can't say much to your question. But, if you can tell me what you were trying to accomplish with the overrides, maybe I could suggest alternatives that might avoid your current issues?

My code doesn't have bugs; it has undocumented features!
AntaresCD is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Creeperman

Old September 2nd, 2014, 09:42 PM
OK, figured this one out - kind of. The problem stems from the squad definition having a startsize smaller than the minsize. I use this extensively in conjunction with an auto or include child with the effective attribute set (i.e., for sergeants). This works perfectly until you try to add an override, at which point no matter what you're trying to override all hell breaks loose and AB chokes on your previously legitimate squad.

I suppose a workaround might be to redefine all squads without a startsize and a one smaller minsize and maxsize, using collapsed child units instead of effectives. This is a little uglier in code since you can't rely on the effective counts anymore.

I'm tempted to call this one an AB bug, since it's only evident under override conditions and otherwise works fine.
Creeperman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote