Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CLBeilby

Old April 26th, 2014, 12:15 PM
I'm doing a general portfolio for Eclipse Phase. Because of the nature of the setting - Transhumanist Science Fiction, I found it necessary to remove Category Protection in order to add two additional snippets to the Individual category. (For those not familiar with EP, all characters have a Morph, which is their physical body. This morph does not have to be same gender that the character identifies as, and most characters are capable of changing morphs with little trouble - a core concept of some transhumanist SF.) However, now that I have added these snippets, is there a way to restore the protection? Going to the Manage Category settings, there is no option to toggle protections back on.
CLBeilby is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old April 27th, 2014, 01:46 AM
The protection is meant to warn you that altering them may cause trouble when the sharing ability starts that importing new data from others may cause problems.

As far as I know the protection cannot be toggled back on. Your category now differs from the protected one anyway.

I assume that RW will try to conform the imported data into the categories. And since you only added some snippets I also assume that it will not cause much problems. But that is something that has to be tested when we do get the feature of sharing.
Cornelius is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old April 27th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Also, if memory serves, when the category protection feature was added, LWD stated that at some point we would also be able to restore a category to its default structure. I'm not sure what the ETA is for the feature, but I'm guessing/hoping that it's implemented around the same time that sharing is enabled.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #3 Reply With Quote