Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Digibetus

Old September 20th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Yesterday the ddidownloader worked but i didn't have time to let it finish. Today it stops before the downloading even starts with the following error:

Processing item index... Could not parse XML document 'C:\Users\Marco\AppData\Local\Temp\ddicrawler\item s_index_0.xml'. item import could not continue.

I've tried it multiple times but keep getting the same error.
Not sure about this but shouldn't xml files contain at least some readable data?
Attached Files
File Type: zip items_index_0.zip (170.9 KB, 5 views)
Digibetus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DarkSpiral

Old September 21st, 2011, 04:52 PM
I'm having the same problem. I updated my files for 3.8, but had a large chunk of failed downloads. Retried them several times, but never got them. Today I'm getting the same error code as Digibetus.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are Crunchy and taste good with Ketchup.
DarkSpiral is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
valstania

Old September 22nd, 2011, 06:55 AM
As am I. Same exact message - will this corrupt any of the db's involved with making characters? or change what comes up on sheets. Cause I have an issue now with feat descriptions not completely showing up on the sheet.
valstania is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DarkSpiral

Old September 22nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Options from Arcane Power are missing for me. So, I'm guessing it has something to do with this.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are Crunchy and taste good with Ketchup.
DarkSpiral is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Digibetus

Old September 23rd, 2011, 11:18 PM
With some help of a friend i figured out the files are base64 encoded. Decoded the file looks fine. Is there a Lone Wolf around to help us?
Digibetus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 26th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the lack of updates on this. I've been trying to get a download of the new compendium content for a few days, but they changed a bunch of stuff in the items index, so it kept doing most of it but failing. Then I'd tweak things, and it got a little further before failing again, etc.

I think I've got the last tweak in place now, so I can download the compendium content and work on the updates appropriately. The problem was the structure of the item index has been changed, so a bunch of data that was there previously has now been removed, like the enhancement bonus. I'm working on an update today that should resolve these issues, so watch out for a new version of the 4e files soon.

Thanks for your patience!
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DarkSpiral

Old September 26th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Makes sense. The WoTC board shad announcements up a week or two ago that some of the stuff from Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium wouldn't be available until the next update because of changes n the structure of certain items, namely Artifacts. Maybe the relevant date in the Compendium must have already had the underlying form altered? I'm guessing, of course but the theory fits the evidence.

DarkSpiral is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
schekker

Old September 29th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Any updates on this?

I'm in the process of evaluating Hero Lab, but it really needs the DDI content to be useful for me. And as I just started with the evaluation this week, I have no old content to fall back upon.
schekker is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Numbernothing

Old September 30th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Is there a way to finish the download without the corrupted file or perhaps skipping that part completely?
Numbernothing is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 30th, 2011, 08:50 AM
This should now be fixed with the latest update. Unfortunately the missing file in this case was the entire list of magic items, so being able to finish without it would not have been very useful.
Colen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote