Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old April 3rd, 2019, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrdox View Post
I'm also hoping that certain publishers might give their blessings to players to create realms based on their publications, as long as we don't SELL them on the content market? That's probably a pipe dream though.
Unlike hero lab which only contains monster stats, a realm is most likely going to duplicate all the information in a publication so I can't see any publisher willing to allow that.

However, I would hope that they would allow new creations/adventures for existing IP.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old April 5th, 2019, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Unlike hero lab which only contains monster stats, a realm is most likely going to duplicate all the information in a publication so I can't see any publisher willing to allow that.
Well, if they go the paizo way and require you to buy the original publication, it could work out.
Merion is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 5th, 2019, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
Well, if they go the paizo way and require you to buy the original publication, it could work out.
Yes, this would be cool, but also possibly out of the price range for most small companies to implement the required API between the LWD and their own sales web sites.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old April 5th, 2019, 08:07 AM
Too bad they just couldn't work with Drivethrurpg for that feature since most companies sell PDFs through them.

Salcor
salcor is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old April 5th, 2019, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salcor View Post
Too bad they just couldn't work with Drivethrurpg for that feature since most companies sell PDFs through them.
Working with Bits & Mortar would be even better since you get the pdf for free when you buy the hard copy. As a brick and mortar store owner, I certainly appreciate what they are doing.
Gord is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 5th, 2019, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Working with Bits & Mortar would be even better since you get the pdf for free when you buy the hard copy. As a brick and mortar store owner, I certainly appreciate what they are doing.
I wish more companies worked with Bits and Mortar. I'd much rather do business with my FLGS than Amazon or DriveThruRPG.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old April 6th, 2019, 03:42 AM
It would be interesting to see how they could set that up for brick and mortar stores. My gaming budget is spread pretty evenly between the net and actual stores. I was wondering about the buy print get PDF. It is only certain companies that do that if memory serves, correct?

Salcor
salcor is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old April 6th, 2019, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salcor View Post
It would be interesting to see how they could set that up for brick and mortar stores. My gaming budget is spread pretty evenly between the net and actual stores. I was wondering about the buy print get PDF. It is only certain companies that do that if memory serves, correct?
As somebody said at the GAMA trade show last month, it is the best but most underused deal out there. There are more companies doing it now but most are mid-sized like Cubicle 7. Local stores also need to sign up for it so it can be used. We are actually debating getting bookmarks made so people can quickly see what qualifies.
Gord is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old April 6th, 2019, 09:39 AM
Gord,

The bookmark idea is pretty amazing. I know a few game store owners so if there is a website I will send them that way. It would be interesting to have a similar process for Realm works. Person buys book in store, gets pdf for free, which in turn unlocks their ability to purchase realmworks files.

Salcor
salcor is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old April 8th, 2019, 07:06 AM
I don't know if this info is confidential, but if not, it would be great if LWD could lay open what would be needed from their side to make things like this work.

Interface or API definition or something...
Merion is offline   #20 Reply With Quote