Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

the rouse

Old July 31st, 2016, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I am new to hero lab. I haven't bought it yet, so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this. I play in one group that is D&D 5e and one group that is pathfinder. I see that I get one game system with my purchase. I also read that the basic rule set for Pathfinder is free. There are two ways to buy it with Pathfinder, hero packs or rule books. I'll probably lean towards the rule books way unless there is a good reason not go player packs. I DM the 5e group and have only played in pathfinder, but I am going to be DMing later this year in Pathfinder.

If I were to buy Hero Lab with 5e as my free rule set, can I then download the free pathfinder basic and also then buy the books for pathfinder, like I purchased Hero Lab under the rule book path?

I guess what I'm asking is what the most economically efficient way to get both sets?

Thanks for your help!
the rouse is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 1st, 2016, 01:43 PM
Since you do plan to GM pathfinder, I would recommend the rule book path, as you're thinking.

You do get 1 free game system with your purchase of Hero Lab, and each system beyond the first is $20. (And the Pathfinder Beginner Box ruleset is free). So whether you choose 5e or Pathfinder as the system to get first, and then buy the other, you'll pay the same amount.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 1st, 2016, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rouse View Post
can I then download the free pathfinder basic and also then buy the books for pathfinder, like I purchased Hero Lab under the rule book path?
The Pathfinder Beginner Box rule set is "free". Pathfinder the normal game with the huge Core Rule book is NOT free. Just making sure you understand the difference.

The Free Beginner Box covers THIS. Pathfinder paid gets you THIS.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote