Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

ThatManOmega

Old December 11th, 2019, 10:07 AM
I'm looking into trying to add BESM to Hero Lab for me and my players to use. Since it is relatively close to to the D20 system (not using Tri-Stat, D20 Revised 2nd Edition) would it be possible to just adjust the D20 ruleset and add Point Buy and change tabs to incorporate Attributes? Any assistance would be appreciated.
ThatManOmega is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 11th, 2019, 10:17 AM
The Authoring Kit would be a bit outside of that experience, I think. I want to say that 4E was supported in the AK, but d20 is its own beast, where we don't have the source.

How savvy are you at building systems? Do you have the Authoring Kit purchased? Have you gone through the Savage Worlds example (fair warning, it's a decent introduction, but has some errors, and doesn't always do things in a modern way)?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Phrll

Old December 11th, 2019, 11:28 AM
It's been a long time since I looked at BESM d20 but I think a lot of it can be done through the editor for the 3.5 d20 SRD system (could probably do the same with Pathfinder 1.0). The point buy would need to be custom code unless there's a community-provided option for it.
Phrll is offline   #3 Reply With Quote