Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

nsolo

Old July 1st, 2012, 06:37 AM
Hi all:
I have been trying to buy the Supers Companion (I am running a low level supers in World War II game at KantCon next weekend). I can log into the administer license page OK. But, when I try to go to the datefile site, internet explorer says it can't open the site. I emailed customer support and got a response that it was connected to a problem with Army Builder and the requirement to take GW stuff off that site.
Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas of how to get the Companion?

Thanks in advance

Peter Hildreth
nsolo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 1st, 2012, 08:56 AM
Hi. I apologize for the confusion, but the third party site mentioned below has no relation to Hero Lab or the Super Powers Companion for Savage Worlds.

You reference trying to go to a data file site, which isn't part of purchasing an add-on for Hero Lab. If you go to the License menu in Hero Lab, and select Purchase Data Package, that will launch a browser window prompting you to log in to the admin site with your license number and password. Once you've logged in, though, you should be presented with a page titled "Purchase Optional Data Packages". Scrolling down the list, you'll find the Super Powers Companion for Savage Worlds.

If you are still having problems, please send me an e-mail.

John
John is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
nsolo

Old July 1st, 2012, 10:15 AM
I will send an email but I have tried it both ways. I did the license menu, selected purchase data package, typed in license number and password. That is when I got the message that the browser can't open the window. Windows then gave me other options, one of which took me to the data file site log in. I got the same message after logging in and trying to buy the product.
nsolo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 1st, 2012, 12:57 PM
Are you using the latest version of Internet Explorer? If so, that's probably the source of the problem.

Our server has been under heavy load recently due to some new releases for Hero Lab. During the heaviest times, it will take a few seconds to respond. Apparently, IE9 decides it's waited too long and gives up, much earlier than previous versions did (or other browsers still do).

We've had a few people run into this issue, and it's only been with IE9. The problem does not appear to occur with other browsers or earlier versions of IE, so please try with an alternate browser if you have access to one.

We're investigating ways to speed things up on the server. However, that takes time and won't be completed immediately. In the meantime, you can utilize an alternate browser (perhaps via a different computer) to place your order. Or you can try again at different times of the day, in an attempt to contact the server when it's under a lighter load.

Hope this helps...
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
nsolo

Old July 4th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I am a little late posting this. I was able to buy the datafile I needed. I downloaded Firefox and it worked fine. It must have been something with my IE browser. Thanks to all the help from Lone Wolf.
nsolo is offline   #5 Reply With Quote