Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Panthr0s

Old July 26th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
That article is about in-app purchases. App purchasing is a different thing. Also not everyone wants to join the Apple Cult.
Agreed, in-app purchases are not the same but there are tons of articles that discuss this.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple...android-2016-7
Panthr0s is offline   #181 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old July 26th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthr0s View Post
Agreed, in-app purchases are not the same but there are tons of articles that discuss this.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple...android-2016-7
The thing is... This app is very different then other apps. It's not a mass market app, it is a targeted app for a very specific audience. All these articles and studies are meaningless when talking about a Hero lab app.
Toblakai is offline   #182 Reply With Quote
kwiqsilver

Old July 26th, 2016, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthr0s View Post
Would people who own an Android actually purchase an additional license though? I am sure many of you who own an Android would love Hero Lab as it is pretty amazing on iOS. I think the reality is why would developers spend the money on Android when they can make more money off of users who own iOS devices. I hope they are working to bring Shadowrun and many other games to the iOS platform now that Pathfinder has been out for awhile.
There are roughly ten times as many Android devices as iPads. That's why developers focus on Android.

That's worldwide, including impoverished countries with 95% or higher Android marketshare. In the developed countries where people are more likely to play RPGs, the purchase rate on Android is similar to that on iOS. Also, the fact that Android devices outnumber iOS by more than 5 to 1, allows sellers to make it up in volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
The thing is... This app is very different then other apps. It's not a mass market app, it is a targeted app for a very specific audience. All these articles and studies are meaningless when talking about a Hero lab app.
And the Hero Lab app is FREE! What we're paying for is the content from the different sourcebooks.

Last edited by kwiqsilver; July 26th, 2016 at 05:43 PM.
kwiqsilver is offline   #183 Reply With Quote
Sigil

Old August 3rd, 2016, 07:45 PM
I have 3 Android tablets, and I will not buy a Apple tablet! So I patiently wait for LW to develop HL for Android.
Sigil is offline   #184 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 7th, 2016, 02:59 AM
well I'm back to developing my App (just pushed an update to google play tonight, amazon will get there's in the next day or so once I get that account sorted again)

there is obviously still a need for an official app, but I will keep pushing towards a better community solution until there is an official one.
Philderbeast is offline   #185 Reply With Quote
kwiqsilver

Old September 14th, 2016, 09:50 AM
I'm recruiting help (especially Android UI devs) for a project in this area.
If anybody's interested, here's a link to my post on the Paizo forums.
kwiqsilver is offline   #186 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old September 15th, 2016, 12:35 AM
@Philderbeast: Today I wanted to try the App, but when I press the SD Card button nothing happened. Whats wrong? Do I Need a Special Android Version?
tkarn is offline   #187 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old September 15th, 2016, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarn View Post
@Philderbeast: Today I wanted to try the App, but when I press the SD Card button nothing happened. Whats wrong? Do I Need a Special Android Version?
you shouldn't,

In settings > Applications find the app and make sure it has the storage permission. This is the most likely cause of the issue, if not send me a Pm and I'll work with you to get it sorted out.
Philderbeast is offline   #188 Reply With Quote
maldar

Old September 15th, 2016, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigil View Post
I have 3 Android tablets, and I will not buy a Apple tablet! So I patiently wait for LW to develop HL for Android.
Same here. I have 3: The one my brother gave me which was given to developers prior to any Android tabs being released, a Samsung 10.4 Note and now a Nexus 9.
maldar is offline   #189 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old September 21st, 2016, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiqsilver View Post
There are roughly ten times as many Android devices as iPads. That's why developers focus on Android.

That's worldwide, including impoverished countries with 95% or higher Android marketshare. In the developed countries where people are more likely to play RPGs, the purchase rate on Android is similar to that on iOS. Also, the fact that Android devices outnumber iOS by more than 5 to 1, allows sellers to make it up in volume.

And the Hero Lab app is FREE! What we're paying for is the content from the different sourcebooks.
To use it fully functionally you have to dedicate a license to your Ipad.
LazarX is offline   #190 Reply With Quote