Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Farnaby

Old March 25th, 2017, 04:10 AM
Hi,

my GM has created some house rules, one of which is that
multiclassing is encouraged and all races grant two favorite classes,
except the half-elf, which may choose two base classes and one prestige class as her favorite classes.

Any idea how I can incorporate this into Hero Lab?
Farnaby is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 25th, 2017, 06:15 PM
I think you can use the "extend thing" in the editor and extend raHEMulti (Half-elf two favored class ability to component.BaseRace (group.tag) to spread the racial to all the races. I am probably wrong on this as I never used the editor this way myself, but others say using extend thing is the best way to do such a task. As for uping the Half-elf you may need to make a new racial special modeled from raHEMulti to extend it to SpecSource.rHalfElf (group.tag). Hopefully someone can stop by and verify what I am saying.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old March 25th, 2017, 07:02 PM
There are 2 feats that do exactly what you want. You could look at them in the editor or give them to your character for free. I forget the names but just search under feats for favored and they should show up.
Dwayne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farnaby

Old March 26th, 2017, 12:31 AM
@Dwayne: I found one feat (eclectic) but it only imparts either +1 hp or +1 sp but not any other possible bonuses. I can't find any other feat.

@DeltaMasterMind: I found the extend thing tab in the editor but all I get is this

a Thing Unique ID (raHEMulti)
a Group Id (empty)
and a Tag ID (?)

with which I have no clue what to do with.

I have tried to find any instructions for the *Extend Thing tab but to no avail.

Anyone out there know how to program this thing?
Farnaby is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 26th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Ok I take back what I said earlier. This is what you wanna do:
Go to Mechanics tab under General
Make a new mechanic
Go to eval scripts
Set timing First 950
Add this in the script box: perform hero.assign[Hero.Multitalen]
Once saved close Herolab and rerun it as a Ctrl + R reload won't capture it.

This will give all heroes the Two favored option! As for uping the Half-Elf you will need a different script. I will update once I know the best way to handle that.

Edit: You might want to start a new thread asking on if it is possible to add a third Favored Option (configurable i think). Reference that you made a mechanic using the above script and now want to improved the Half-Elf for make it fit with what you have houseruled.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; March 26th, 2017 at 08:51 AM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 26th, 2017, 09:10 AM
There is a Feat in Paths of the Righteous that allows selection of a Prestige Class as a Favored Class... "Favored Prestige Class". It also has an additional effect on a skill, though, so it isn't 100% like your GM's house rule.
Silveras is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farnaby

Old March 26th, 2017, 11:03 AM
@Silveras: Not quite what my GM had in mind, but thanks for the tip.

@DeltaMasterMind: That worked very, very nearly. I added your mechanic and got the following (screenshot) that I got a second class, but still could only choose either 1 hp or 1 sp.

Changing the race to Half-Elf got this (screenshot) which added a 3rd favored class (great) and all the possible bonuses to choose from.

Anyway, many thanks for the mechanic.
I have no idea how to get all the bonuses in the drop down menu but perhaps someone will know and reply to this thread.

[EDIT]Just realised while writing this that the other bonuses are racial in nature as I just went and chose a dwarf to see what happens. In other words this solution works perfectly!! [/EDIT]
Farnaby is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 26th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Great! Hope you enjoy!
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
KataH

Old March 31st, 2017, 03:25 PM
I have some what of a similar issue. I have chosen the Feat of Favored which:"Benefit: For every HD you have, you may select one favored class benefit from any character class. This is addition to favored class benefits you receive if you actually take a level in a favored class. "
So I currently have a 6HD Sorcerer that I would like to take this Feat but I have no idea how to do this in HL tto select up to 6 classes.
KataH is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 31st, 2017, 11:57 PM
This would be one hard feat to make with that exact wording.
Doing the additional Favored boxes for class is fairly simple as a script with the above mentioned perform tag script like so:
Quote:
Timing Guessed at Post-levels 5000.
field[abValue].value += #totallevelcount[]
~ If we're not shown, just get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

~ add that many HD-counts-as tags to the hero
var i as number
for i = 1 to field[abValue].value
perform hero.assign[Hero.Multitalen]
next
Quote:
"you may select one favored class benefit from any character class"
Now depending on how this is read makes this simple or hard. If any class you currently have then no further work is needed, but if it means any class available class in herolab than a lot more tag counters are needed and I honestly have no idea how to do this.

Edit: Seems after looking into it a bit Rogue Genius Games has that feat yet no code in it. So the above script will give you a new favored class to select, even though you can pick any class as a favored class, you are only allow selections of bonuses on the class you currently have taken. So basically the trick would be to make this feat see all class tags as active and valid if we are to make any favored option available from class level you have. As before I am not sure how to do this. Racial favored class options should be good though.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; April 1st, 2017 at 12:20 AM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #10 Reply With Quote