Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Keltarian

Old March 17th, 2019, 02:28 PM
Hi all, I'm just gonna state off the bat that this isn't a "Please do this For Me" post. I just need to know What & How to do it myself. I am a complete noob to this and never have coded a thing before.

What I'm trying to do is make a Saiyan race for pathfinder adapting a 3.5 homebrew i found online(HERE) and i currently have everything working except for the last two traits.

Sensitive Tail: which is a weakness
and
Oozaru Form: Transformation that would have to be toggle-able

Any and all help is appreciated.

Last edited by Keltarian; March 17th, 2019 at 07:42 PM.
Keltarian is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old March 17th, 2019, 08:16 PM
Well, without knowing what specific problems you need to solve, the best general advice we can give you is this: Find an existing thing that is similar in effect to what you're trying to do, copy it, and try to modify it to fit your needs. At that point if you're still having trouble, you can post again with specifics on what it is you're trying to do, and we'll be in a better position to help.
TheIronGolem is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Keltarian

Old March 17th, 2019, 09:05 PM
Ah sorry. OK so what I'm trying to do is:

A:have Sensitive Tail show up in the Specials tab as well as on the abilities page

and more difficultly B:create&apply the custom Oozaru transformation. This has a allot of changes to ability scores/ size category/ specialized attacks and a near full page of descriptions that need to be on the Abilities page
Keltarian is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 17th, 2019, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltarian View Post
Ah sorry. OK so what I'm trying to do is:

A:have Sensitive Tail show up in the Specials tab as well as on the abilities page
Isn't there a simple tick box on the ability page that says in which tabs it appears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltarian View Post
and more difficultly B:create&apply the custom Oozaru transformation. This has a allot of changes to ability scores/ size category/ specialized attacks and a near full page of descriptions that need to be on the Abilities page
Is this similar to one of the spell adjustments that applies the effects of transforming into an elemental form?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Keltarian

Old March 18th, 2019, 04:57 PM
In the editor I created the custom Race trait then tried to apply it the the race and got this Message.

as for the trans formation, not counting the extra charts that need to be on the Abilities printout, I need to make all the following happen. {this is the full version as I don't want to leave out anything that may be important}

Alternate Form (Oozaru) acts as extended beast shape III (huge ape form only [keeps tail]; requires Saiyan to still have their tail intact, be it from birth or regrowth, looking directly at the full moon or spells that mimic Full-moonlight for 2 rounds) Lasts until daylight, spell elapsing, Knocked Unconscious, or Tail is removed. When the Saiyan takes on the Oozaru form, enters a frenzied rage (unless he has the Saiyan Elite feat). When the transformation begins, the Saiyan grows coarse hair all over their body, their mouth begins to stretch and become a small snout, their eyes become solid red, and they begin to take on the form of an Oozaru. All non-magical or specially designed articles of clothing rip and shred and are no longer usable. His size increases by two size categories as he transforms into a were-ape like creature covered in thick brown fur with a long snout with razor-sharp teeth and solid red eyes. An Oozaru's effective intelligence drops to 6 and he forgets his own identity, and becomes chaotic evil. Once per transformation the Saiyan may attempt at any point in the transformation to make a DC 25 Control Shape check to regain his senses and can distinguish friend from foe, however he retains his 6 Intelligence.

At the start of the transformation the Oozaru begins in a frenzied rage. While in this frenzy the Oozaru cannot use any Charisma, Dexterity or Intelligence based skills (except Intimidate), the Concentration skill or any ability that requires patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells, drink potions, activate magic items or read scrolls. He can use any feat he has except combat expertise, item creation or meta-magic feats. During this frenzy the Oozaru perceives every living creature to be an enemy and must attack the nearest creature (determined randomly if several potential foes are equidistant) at all times to the best of its ability and fight that opponent without regard to friendship, innocence or health (the targets or his own), unless someone makes a DC 20 Diplomacy check to the Oozaru, trying to calm him down (see the Oozaru Diplomacy chart below). If the check succeeds, the Saiyan regains control of their senses, but the player must still play the Oozaru at his appropriate Intelligence level; this Diplomacy check only allows the Oozaru the basic ability to be aimed and to remember and define people who are normally friend and foe. It does not raise his intelligence or awareness nor does this change his alignment. He’s still in a rage and still chaotic evil and still has impulses to kill / destroy everything around him. Should he run out of enemies before his transformation expires, and no successful Delomacy check, after 1d4 rounds after losing sight of their last opponent the Oozaru immediately goes into a berserker frenzy and goes on a destructive rampage, attacking any creature and destroying any structures in sight.(These restrictions do not apply if he has the Saiyan Elite feat).

When transformed, a Saiyan increases in size by two size categories, up to huge, causing his space and reach to become 15 ft. He gains +16 Strength, −4 Dexterity, and +8 Constitution, his Intelligence score becomes 6, he takes a −2 penalty on attack rolls and AC, and he gains damage reduction 10/silver. An Oozaru cannot benefit from any spell or ability that would increase his size.

Like with a barbarian rage, a Saiyan becomes exhausted after his transformation until he can gain 8 hours of sleep. A Saiyan can not use the Control Shape skill to transform voluntarily, and Saiyans have no animal form to transform into.

He gains two primary slam attacks dealing 1d8 + Strength damage, and a secondary bite attack for 1d8 + ½ Strength damage. The Oozaru also gains Scent and several special attacks as follows: Frightful Presence, Breath Weapon, Improved Grab, Constrict, and Rock Throwing, which are detailed below.

Frightful Presence: When a Oozaru roars or begins charging or attacking, all opponents within a 100-ft. radius of the Oozaru are subject to the effect to the Oozaru's frightful presence ability and must succeed on a Will save (DC = 10 + the Oozaru's HD + the Oozaru's Constitution modifier). Those that succeed are immune to that Oozaru's Frightful Presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with less than 5 hit dice become panicked for 5d6 rounds, those with 6 to 19 hit dice become shaken for 5d6 rounds, and those with 20 or more hit dice are unaffected.

Breath Weapon: As a standard action, an Oozaru can breathe a 100-foot line of destructive ki energy that explodes on impact with any surface and deals 2d6 damage per hit dice of the Oozaru in a 20-foot radius of the impact square. Characters in the affected area can make a Reflex save for half damage (DC 10 + ½ the Oozaru's hit dice + the Oozaru's Constitution modifier). An Oozaru's breath weapon has a recharge time of 1d4 rounds.

Improved Grab: To use this ability, an Oozaru must first hit with its slam attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. A grappled opponent is held in the Oozaru's hand like a toy, allowing the Oozaru to use its constrict attack.

Constrict: An Oozaru deals automatic slam damage with a successful grapple check on a held opponent.

Rock Throwing: In any rocky, canyon-like, or mountainous climate or any climate that might have large areas of rock or stone nearby, an Oozaru may choose to attempt to break off a chunk of stone that is approximately 60 to 80 pounds (a medium object) and hurl it an an opponent. The range increment is 120 feet and it must use both hands when throwing a rock. The thrown rock deals 10d6 damage to anything within 10 feet of the impact square, DC 15 Reflex save for half damage.
Keltarian is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 18th, 2019, 05:40 PM
Just answering the initial question, about the message in the screenshot.

First, for the future, you can right-click and copy error messages like that and then paste them into the forum - means that we don't have to wait 30s for a screenshot to load from a separate site.

In terms of the tab to use to create things, "Racial Special" is used for fixed abilities that a race always gets. "Custom Race Trait" is for things like an Aasimar's Heritages, where the user chooses from several options in a table.

The important piece is going to be on the Racial Special tab, where you created the tail ability - is the Id of the ability you are bootstrapping the same as the Id you entered in the bootstrap? Capitalization matters on that. Also, after creating the ability, did you use Test Now! at the top to patch it into the database, so that HL knows it exists?
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Keltarian

Old March 18th, 2019, 07:25 PM
Thanks Mathias! Once i put Sensitive Tail on the RacSpec tab [and double checked my caps] it works like a charm. This was both a big help and a headslap[I did mess up the caps the 1st time]

Last edited by Keltarian; March 20th, 2019 at 01:18 PM.
Keltarian is offline   #7 Reply With Quote