Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DeltaMasterMind

Old October 30th, 2016, 07:41 AM
How do I go about adding Racial CR values? Currently I am building a race with different types accessible through Racial Customs menu. I am not sure what the strings are to access that spot in Herolab. The part I want to modify is the Racial CR spot in the classes tab.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old October 30th, 2016, 09:07 AM
In the editor, on the race, near bottom left hand side, there is a "Challenge Rating" box, fill that in. 1 for 1 CR, decimal for fractions.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old October 30th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Thanks! I never noticed that.

Edit: Well that kinda helps, but I need to add this to the Racial customs I made for the race. See You can pick one custom and only one because it defines what abilities and stats that race gets. Like how if you make an Ant race that uses Customs to represent the type of Ant as in Worker, Soldier, Queen, etc.

That is why I am looking for the script/code that will allow me to do it manually.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; October 30th, 2016 at 09:30 AM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 30th, 2016, 09:36 AM
I think that's a situation in which you would be expected to create each choice as a separate race, and not try to make one race serve all choices.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old October 30th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Mainly because of how often I would need to copy and recopy Races to do it. It seemed very redundant to do it that way. The other reason is I would have to double that for the Half race that goes with the race I am building. Ok so the race is the Gem race based off of Steven Universe show and my goal is to represent the diversity of their race as Gems and each Gem has different reprogrammed stats abilities and SLAs. Same going for the Half-Gem race which gets a refit from Oreads and adds in Gem types with their own values to represent the changes between the Original Form of the Gem and the Human-like body that Half-Gems get. I have already built the Customs up for both races and would fill add to a already quite full list of races. I figured this was the cleanest way to do it.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 30th, 2016, 10:01 AM
With that type of complexity maybe you are better off building the race in the Editor instead. Then you can easily setup Racial Custom Abilities that can be chosen. You get ALLOT more control over the race using the editor...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old October 30th, 2016, 10:08 AM
I don't believe I could do it any other way! :P
Actually I did all of this in the Editor. I do appreciate the thought though!

Anyways I found this item rCR and is there a way to send a value to this field as the Racial Custom is added to the race?
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 30th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
I don't believe I could do it any other way! :P
Actually I did all of this in the Editor. I do appreciate the thought though!
The way you made this sound I thought you where using the Bestiary Creature tool. So then you want to setup your options as Racial Custom Specials. Then on the race setup the values under the "Racial Custom Abilities" section. Its confusingly named "Eidolons custom ability count".

Once that is setup and linked your race will be able to choose different racial abilities.

Quote:
Anyways I found this item rCR and is there a way to send a value to this field as the Racial Custom is added to the race?
rCR is a "field" FYI. You set the CR in the section called "Challenge Rating". If you see you put in a value into the Challenge Rating you will see that under "Fields" that rCR is set to a value.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 30th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Edit: Well that kinda helps, but I need to add this to the Racial customs I made for the race. See You can pick one custom and only one because it defines what abilities and stats that race gets.
Ok rereading this I think I am starting to finally see what your asking. Each Racial Custom Special needs to set a different CR value correct? See Mathias artical on location location location.

The basic idea is you need to access the Base Race Pick on the hero. Here is a simple script to do just that. I would recommend a timing of about First/500 for this type of script.
Code:
      ~ Set a pointer to our race
      perform hero.findchild[BaseRace].setfocus
      ~ if can't find then get out now!
      doneif (state.isfocus = 0)

~ Now that we have a pointer we can just increase/change
      ~ any value on the race.
      focus.field[rCR].value += 1

~ Here we are changing the races Strength
      focus.field[rSTR].value = 10
Hopefully that gets you going in the right direction.

In addition I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos. Welcome to the wonderful world of using the HL editor which will be the most frustrating and rewarding thing you can do with Hero Lab.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old October 30th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Glad we are on the same page. So that is what I did and they added properly and add in all the stuff I programmed for things like Jaspers. The issue I have currently has to do with getting these Customs to tell the Race that they are now this Challenge Rating. Currently all I can do is add a static number to the Race CR box and that is it. I need (as least really want) to tell the Race that with this Custom it is now a higher rated creature. I can't seem to get rCR to respond within Customs currently, but my knowledge is limited. I know Customs wasn't designed with that in mind so is there like a method to do like: abValue 3 to Race CR upon Live|Active and other words I could use but not sure what is right to say :P.

Edit: Seems you posted before I could.
Wow that might do the trick! Thanks bud!
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #10 Reply With Quote