Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

monsterfurby

Old June 15th, 2015, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Our focus is squarely on the US market, for a number of reasons...

[...]

Since you didn't specifically ask a question, I'm not sure if this addresses the general concerns you alluded to. Hopefully, it does.
Hey Rob, sorry for bumping the thread, but I feel that since you took the time to give some detail about the thinking of LWD on this, I do owe you a tip of the hat and a thank you - that kind of transparency is definitely extraordinary.

Of course my view is affected by a degree of cognitive bias since I'm based in Europe as a gamer and have worked primarily with the European market as well. You're right in the shift I mentioned is by no means an earthquake but a slow, trickling development that will take a long time - if it keeps up - to make a noticeable dent in the market.

Similarly, US is of course larger by orders of magnitude than any other market world-wide. Your reasoning in regards to having the local expertise and seeing the greatest potential here is definitely sound.

I understand that there's a need to prioritize, and absolutely appreciate that you guys not only communicate that clearly but also respond to input from a very diverse community.
monsterfurby is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old June 19th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
Am I the only one around here who didn't have a clue who the F* this guy Adzling was before this post?

Honestly, Rob and company, I'd have just banned his @$$ and moved on, maybe made this kind of a post without mentioning him at all.

Now, enough with "drama" and get me some Marketplace functionality! And Web Views! And custom calendars, and Printing (actually, I don't care about printing), and, and, and, and, and.
You aren't the only one, Pollution. Maybe it's a good thing that Rob and his co-horts weren't so quick on banning this guy or some of us might have been gone a long time ago. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThomason View Post
I think the biggest barrier to Realm Works is the problem of the blank canvas. There are many options and ways of doing things it leads to paralysis. I think having the Market available to acquire and share content will greatly facilitate learning the program. Being able to see concrete examples of how other people approached their prep will be of great value to new users starting out.

And if I know this community, there will be a lot of awesome content shared for free to help with exactly this sort of thing.
NO! Not the blank canvas!
I too had/have this problem and I'm looking forward to the Market. I've already learned a lot from everyone here who have shared screen shots and answered questions. Thank you everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterfurby View Post
...I'd be interested in where the idea that people want pre-written content is coming from.
I am a self proclaimed Module Queen. The main DM that I started playing with created EVERYTHING we played. It was intimidating when I decided to try my had at DMing. I tried to create my own stuff, but I got bogged down with the big picture. I love to read and I'm creative but making my own world and adventures just isn't in me. I love modules and decided that was my way of DMing. So bring on the Market, I'll be waiting in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
You are so right. I can't think of anything else that I check up on at least twice a week (or more if I am in an editing mode). I have this compulsion to both see if there is an update and to see what the rest of you are working on, what you thing, and how you are using it.
I'm not that compulsive with the forum but I admit to compulsively check for updates every time I start the program. I blame it being a Kickstarter supporter and receiving a lot of updates. It's like Christmas morning. LOL

Liz et al. what is it like working for Rob and watching his mind work? It's just amazing and mind boggling what all is in there. I've seen it in other posts, but this series was just, in the words of Spock, "Fascinating."

Thanks Rob and crew for everything. I've done my share of grumbling but, in case I haven't told you, I've been in awe more times than I've grumbled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
PS: Calendars.
ruhar is offline   #42 Reply With Quote