Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pollution

Old November 18th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Yup, that does seem to be the case. Just checked out the encounters (BIG time saver, TY!) and the gobo's load just fine, even with the error message.

I guess I'll cave and pick up UM and UEq this weekend. le Sigh, Lone Wolf, yer gettin' all me monies!

Thanks for the help guys.
Pollution is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 18th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
I believe the reference to needing some of the other packages is that, when opening some of the stock portfolios, if a creature uses something from a data set you do not have, you will get some error messages. If you are not trying to use the creatures that have these references, the others should still work (just as the Goblins you see now look ok despite the error messages).
Just an FYI but the base list of "required" packages for the CB is required to actually load the Community Bestiary package.

If you want to use the CB you must have the official packages of "Advanced Players Guide, Bestiary 1, Bestiary 2, Bestiary 3, Ultimate Combat, and Ultimate Magic". If you don't HL will throw errors and load into safe mode. The reason is we are directly accessing "Things" from those packages and the scripts can't compile without them.

But you could load up say something from the Reign of Winter AP which pulls allot from the Paths of Presitage and the .por file will have errors. But the package loads just fine without the Paths of Presitage as we have no scripts that need to access it.

I am also pretty darn sure the next update will require Bestiary 4 package so that the Wrath of the Righteous will work. That is either a good thing or bad thing based on your view point.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old November 19th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Just an FYI but the base list of "required" packages for the CB is required to actually load the Community Bestiary package.

If you want to use the CB you must have the official packages of "Advanced Players Guide, Bestiary 1, Bestiary 2, Bestiary 3, Ultimate Combat, and Ultimate Magic". If you don't HL will throw errors and load into safe mode. The reason is we are directly accessing "Things" from those packages and the scripts can't compile without them.

But you could load up say something from the Reign of Winter AP which pulls allot from the Paths of Presitage and the .por file will have errors. But the package loads just fine without the Paths of Presitage as we have no scripts that need to access it.

I am also pretty darn sure the next update will require Bestiary 4 package so that the Wrath of the Righteous will work. That is either a good thing or bad thing based on your view point.
Oh, sure, I'm in for $20 more, why not make it $30.

J/K, these datafiles have always been awesome, so no hate on my part for the pittance that saves me 10+hours trying to put in custom monsters/spells/equipment myself.

My son and his friends are getting into PnP RPG's for the first time (Freshmen/Sophmores in High School). None of them know how to run, but they all really want to play. There's something awesome about coming home to 5 Teenagers trying to figure out combat and doing the "arena" thing where they all fight each other just to get to play. So, I'm going to dust off my DM hat and run em through.

Lone Wolf saves me at LEAST 50 hours of work for each chapter in the AP's. So....Yeah, I'll shell out $100 in total for everything. Hell, I get to bond with my boy....priceless if you ask me.

Again, thanks for all the help guys!
Pollution is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old November 19th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
Hell, I get to bond with my boy....priceless if you ask me.
Yeah, and think of the memories your son and his friends will have. Some of my best childhood memories are sitting around the table with my brother and my friends playing.
Umarian is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Dracones

Old November 19th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Good for Lone Wolf since it'll probably sell a lot of B4

The main reason I buy HL packages is so I can use the CB. It's beyond awesome and I'll happily pick up any extra packages it requires.
Dracones is offline   #15 Reply With Quote