Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

The Wyrm Ouroboros

Old December 8th, 2016, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade of the sword-saint
This weapon in the hands of a monk becomes an instrument of deadly utility. In addition to its more common properties, the blade can be employed as though the wielder were unarmed: the wielder benefits from feats such as Deflect Arrows or Snatch Arrows (although he can redirect attacks but not catch them if he has no hands free), and a monk treats the weapon as a monk weapon for use in his flurry of blows.
I thought this was a fantastic ability, even if the blade of the sword-saint doesn't actually have it (easy errata fix for this, just go to Special Qualities and select 'Monk'). I wanted to be able to do this to anything, though.

Going by what a blade of the sword-saint otherwise is, the ability is either a +1 cost plus 3,000gp, or a straight 25,000 gp; that can be a point of debate, but I've decided on just a straight +1 cost. I hunted around some to try to find something that added an ability onto a weapon, then mucked around with it a bit, and I seem to have succeeded. Made me so happy I hereby offer to the community the Monk weapon item power:

Code:
  <thing id="ipMonkWeap" name="Monk" description="This weapon in the hands of a monk becomes an instrument of deadly utility. In addition to its more common properties, this weapon can be employed as though the wielder were unarmed: the wielder benefits from feats such as Deflect Arrows or Snatch Arrows (although he can redirect attacks but not catch them if he has no hands free), and a monk treats the weapon as a monk weapon for use in his flurry of blows.\n\n{b}Construction{/b}\n{b}Requirements{/b} creator must be a monk." compset="ItemPower" summary="Treat as a monk weapon." uniqueness="useronce">
    <fieldval field="iPrice" value="1"/>
    <usesource source="TWO"/>
    <tag group="PowerReq" tag="Melee"/>
    <tag group="PowerType" tag="Weapon"/>
    <eval phase="First" priority="1000"><![CDATA[      
      if (parent.tagis[component.BaseWep] <> 0) then
      perform parent.assign[wSpecial.Monk]
          endif]]></eval>
    </thing>
By all means copy and use, post here if you have an issue with it (price, error, whatever). Just please keep the "TWO" (The Wyrm Ouroboros) source tag on it.

Dragonlance Fiction: Childe Lydia to the Dark Tower Came

"Look, I could kill you, but then I'd have to fill out paperwork. I hate paperwork. Even more than I hate you." -- Phineas Phentari

Last edited by The Wyrm Ouroboros; December 8th, 2016 at 09:15 PM.
The Wyrm Ouroboros is offline   #1 Reply With Quote