Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Thrantor

Old May 30th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Another thing that came up while using MyInfo. There has got to be an easy way to have multiple working panes or documents. If I'm working in one document, I want to be able to have another document open as reference.
Thrantor is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
timjthomas

Old January 26th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Anyone running Realm Works on a Mac? Which virtual environment are they using? Any issues?

I'd like to support the kickstarter, but want to confirm first that I can get it to run on my mac.
timjthomas is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 26th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timjthomas View Post
Anyone running Realm Works on a Mac? Which virtual environment are they using? Any issues?

I'd like to support the kickstarter, but want to confirm first that I can get it to run on my mac.
I'm currently running it on Mountain Lion, using Parallels 8 and Windows 7 64-bit. Runs perfectly great in that.
TehBagder is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 26th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timjthomas View Post

At GenCon and other tradeshows, we use Mac Minis as demo machines. Those are running VMWare Fusion and Windows 7, and Realm Works runs smoothly.
rob is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
osrbaron

Old February 12th, 2013, 06:29 AM
New to the forums.

I just signed up to support the kickstarter.

As someone who has run Monte Cook's Ptolus with multiple groups whose machinations could affect each other, and who has run other campaigns where players ran multiple characters at a time, I would like the ability for Realm Works to support handling the info known by individual characters and separate groups.

I am really enthusiastic about how this project is coming along and looking forward to the launch.
osrbaron is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old March 2nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
As someone who does NOT run a face to face game but uses Fantasy Grounds 2, I would love to see if the LW team could work with Smiteworks to find a way to integrate or somehow find a way to use some of the '2nd monitor for player' features in a way to be shared to the players in a FG2 or d20pro (I think is similar to FG2?) environment.

Obviously, this is not a 1.0 situation but, just throwing this out there so maybe the devs can plan the structure to accommodate it easier down the road.
weogarth is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Sigil

Old March 10th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Will RW allow the GM to keep track of in game time? Also allow the GM to increment time by round, turn, hour, day, and such? I have looked around the RW forum but was unable to find if RW had this feature.
Sigil is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old March 12th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Rob, in regards to data import/export with Realm Works, does it support retrieving data from external sources (ie c:\my_latest_exported_map_from_maptool.jpg or http://mydomain.net/npc/badguypic..png)

And specifically, would it be one time import and then the jpg is stored in RW until updated, or would it update in RW if the source is updated?

Furthermore, can we show/import text into RW the same way via URL? For instance, I have a google spreadsheet that dynamically generates random magical items based on town size and includes all data from Ultimate Equipment. I use it if a PC wants to buy a magic item from a store. I have a google script which regenerates this "store list" every tuesday night.

It would be sweet if I could put magic stores in different cities which grab that data/list from an external url. I would also like to update character XP into RW in a similiar way. (currently we use MapTool and all XP is calculated each encounter via macros and stored on each token, so MT is my "Source")

Or vice versa, if I could grab a NPC statblock that was in RW via a URL, I could on the fly generate a map tool token from that. Oh the things we could do with things like this!

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 14th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigil View Post
Will RW allow the GM to keep track of in game time? Also allow the GM to increment time by round, turn, hour, day, and such? I have looked around the RW forum but was unable to find if RW had this feature.
There won't be any fine-grained time tracking in V1.0. We will have a more coarse-grained ability to do this, and we can evolve it further if lots of users want the capability. User feedback will be a primary driving force in the directions the product evolves after launch.
rob is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 14th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Rob, in regards to data import/export with Realm Works, does it support retrieving data from external sources (ie c:\my_latest_exported_map_from_maptool.jpg or http://mydomain.net/npc/badguypic..png)
In an automated manner, not at this point. But you should be able to do a lot of what you're describing through manual triggering.

Quote:
And specifically, would it be one time import and then the jpg is stored in RW until updated, or would it update in RW if the source is updated?
Right now, data imported into RW is now "owned" by RW. You could then edit that data by telling RW you want to edit it, at which point it will be extracted from the database and handed off to what program supports that editing on your computer. Once the editing is completed, RW would detect the changes and offer to import the new data in to replace the old data.

Quote:
Furthermore, can we show/import text into RW the same way via URL? For instance, I have a google spreadsheet that dynamically generates random magical items based on town size and includes all data from Ultimate Equipment. I use it if a PC wants to buy a magic item from a store. I have a google script which regenerates this "store list" every tuesday night.
Not at this time. That's definitely something we could add in the future.

Quote:
It would be sweet if I could put magic stores in different cities which grab that data/list from an external url. I would also like to update character XP into RW in a similiar way. (currently we use MapTool and all XP is calculated each encounter via macros and stored on each token, so MT is my "Source")

Or vice versa, if I could grab a NPC statblock that was in RW via a URL, I could on the fly generate a map tool token from that. Oh the things we could do with things like this!
Automated integration with external tools is not part of V1.0. That's another layer of complexity on top of getting everything orchestrated cleanly without the automation, which is our initial focus.
rob is offline   #70 Reply With Quote