Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Stelek

Old April 3rd, 2006, 03:07 AM
Rob/Colen,

The latest beta build appears to have introduced two nasty bugs.

The first is, in all game systems I use, if I add a leader to a unit the total unit size is permanently decreased by 2 instead of 1.

Second, if I duplicate some units the duplicate will have all options for that unit displayed under them as if I chose them, but won't pay any points and in fact I haven't paid for any as none were selected originally.

I've included some pics.
Stelek is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 3rd, 2006, 03:54 AM
First, please post Beta-related issues to the *BETA* forums instead of on the public forum here. I'm sure you and the rest of the 40K data file team prefer that we keep discussions about not-yet-released 40K data file issues on the 40K maintainers' forum instead of on the public 40K forums. The same courtesy is expected here. :-)

Second, since Colen is out of town right now and I don't know 40K, I need more than pictures. I need specific instructions on how to reproduce the problem as a user. Assume that I know NOTHING about 40K, so walk me through everything, from races and rulesets selected, to specific options and items.

In addition to the above, I need to know the unique ids of the involved races, rulesets, units, items, and options (plus any linksets or other more specialized things involved). I also need to know which data files they all reside in. That way, I can find out what specific behaviors are being utilized by the problematic units, which will hopefully make it possible for me to figure out what situation isn't being handled correctly in the engine. Since I don't know the 40K files at all, trying to connect back to everything in the files will be a very time-consuming process unless I have the details. Since you know the 40K files extremely well, you ought to be able to provide me with those details.

I'm guessing that the first problem is due to the 40K data files relying on a bug within AB that we just fixed. The WFB data files had this problem, and we notified the WFB author so that he could fix the issue. We didn't think the 40K files were using the technique that was technically broken, but it's likely we were wrong. Once I know where the problem is and can look at how the 40K data files are setup, I can figure out if it's the same issue or not.

Please post the requested informatoin on the BETA forum so that I can investigate things from there. And please do so as soon as you can. Thanks for your help!

-Rob

At 04:07 AM 4/3/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Rob/Colen,

The latest beta build appears to have introduced two nasty bugs.

The first is, in all game systems I use, if I add a leader to a unit the total unit size is permanently decreased by 2 instead of 1.

Second, if I duplicate some units the duplicate will have all options for that unit displayed under them as if I chose them, but won't pay any points and in fact I haven't paid for any as none were selected originally.

I've included some pics.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Stelek

Old April 3rd, 2006, 10:54 AM
Sorry I thought this was the right forum...

Don't use this site much.
Stelek is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 3rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
This site works much like the 40K maintainers' site. There are sections for public stuff and separate sections for Beta stuff, just like the 40K site has public sections and separate sections just for the maintainers. In the future, please strive to post Beta-related issues to the Beta sections.

Thanks, Rob

At 11:54 AM 4/3/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Sorry I thought this was the right forum...

Don't use this site much.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote