Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

wurzel

Old December 25th, 2016, 04:50 PM
I have a rather large topic (a sorcerer's tower) that takes too long to load. It has some detailed maps of the different levels so in order to minimize the large topic I intend to split it into a number of smaller topics for the levels.
After creating the level topics I move the maps to the corresponding new topic. That works fine for all maps except one that doesn't want to be moved. It says "This topic is unavailable for assignment because it is already assigned, or the filter settings exclude it".
It is exactly the same format as the other maps have, was created at the same time with the same settings. What is the possible difference? Why can't I move it? The error message tells me nothing, I simply don't seem to understand it.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 25th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Well, the error message would indicate that the new Topic/Article (to which you're trying to assign a Containing Topic/Article; aka the one being moved) either:
  1. Already has a (parent or) child that would not work in the new position in the hierarchy or
  2. Would disappear from view because of the current filter settings.

You say it's a new Topic/Article, so I don't know what all has already been assigned, but I'd check:

Does it have any parents or children? (Containing Topics/Articles or Governed Content in the Relationships Pane on the right?) If so, remove them.

Do you have any searches or filters set? If so, disable them.

Then try it again and see what happens.

Parody is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old December 26th, 2016, 12:10 PM
From the OP, he's trying to move a map from topic to topic, not a topic from container to container.

I presume the map is a Smart Image?
Was it put in a long time ago? I know people had issues with some large images.

It may be that that one map is the source of the original problem (slow loading of the topic) and is somehow "illegal" to move. it got in "somehow" but now can't be re-assigned, or something like that. At least, that's what the issue sounds like.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old December 26th, 2016, 12:44 PM
I know this is probably not the solution the OP wants but as a first trial, try importing the raw image from the original source again. If its a size problem it will tell you now.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 26th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Sorry if I misunderstood; I interpreted it as if you had created a Topic for the tower level represented in each map and were moving those Topics around so the original Topic was the parent.

If you are getting that error message when doing something with a graphic, not a Topic/Article, then I recommend you write up a bug report specifically because the error message makes no sense in that context.

Last edited by Parody; December 26th, 2016 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Added the error message bit.
Parody is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old December 27th, 2016, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I know this is probably not the solution the OP wants but as a first trial, try importing the raw image from the original source again. If its a size problem it will tell you now.
Sure, that is the simple brute force method, and of course it works. The six or seven pins in the map are easily done anew.

I just wanted to understand what's going on here. Normal housewife's curiosity

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old December 27th, 2016, 05:17 AM
Submit a bug report and maybe there will be an explanation when it gets fixed. The move/copy feature is relatively new. I'm sure they're still getting the bugs out.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old December 27th, 2016, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Submit a bug report and maybe there will be an explanation when it gets fixed. The move/copy feature is relatively new. I'm sure they're still getting the bugs out.
Right. In addition, re-reading the original post.. it doesn't sound like anything the users would be able to help with except by coincidence (if someone else had seen the same error in the same or similar circumstances).
Silveras is offline   #8 Reply With Quote