Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

whtknt

Old October 24th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Okay, I have the Greyhawk Pathfinder .user file that is floating around these forums, but is there any newer material out there? Like something with regional feats, the subraces of halflings, dwarves, and gnomes, etc.? I've been trying to do it myself, but I'm having zero luck with the editor. I just don't know enough about it yet.
whtknt is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 24th, 2017, 08:54 PM
The Greyhawk PF stuff is mine. I'm mostly working on monsters at the moment, with a new user file available in a week or two. I could look at races next, but that doesn't mean it would be done any time soon.

The subraces for dwarves don't change stats, skills or abilities. The only difference I'm aware of between Hill and Mountain dwarves is height and weight - so not something I'm concerned with. (yet)
Gnomes - what subrace are you thinking of? Deep Gnomes (Svirfneblin) already exist in pathfinder, and Forest gnomes aren't specific to Greyhawk.
Now Halflings are distinct. I could spend some time and make 'ethnicities' for those.

Regional Feats I've considered... most would be easy to implement, but hard to enforce by 'region'. I was thinking of doing some as traits.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
whtknt

Old October 25th, 2017, 10:26 AM
I greatly appreciate the efforts that you have put forth thus far. I tried making different ethnicities for dwarves and halflings, but I had no luck making it work. The ethnicities tab doesn't show up. I might try putting in a few feats, to familiarize myself with the system. Is there a way to restrict them to certain ethnicities?
whtknt is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 25th, 2017, 01:50 PM
I added a mechanic to allow ethnicities for the humans, and then defined the actual ethnicities that could be chosen. The same could be done for dwarves and halflings.
Useful info:
jbearWillis has Halfling ethnicities done. http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ight=ethnicity
Customised Ethnicities: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ight=ethnicity
ShadowChemosh - setting up Ethnicities: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ight=ethnicity

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old November 9th, 2017, 06:25 AM
@Dami
I have all the GH Feats described in Dragon Magazine Issues # 315 & 319 as well as others suggested from the Greyhawk forum. That's the good news....

Bad news...... is the code is constructed in D20 3.5 ruleset, so not real sure how that would translate across... Shadow or Mathias, or others more familiar with PF herolab vs D20 Herolab could probably answer the complications.

Happy to supply to save effort of others if this would be simple modification.

DLG
Long Live GH

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old November 9th, 2017, 12:38 PM
@Dark Lord Galen
I'd be very happy to have all of those just for 3.5!
Transferring to PF shouldn't be too difficult - code is the same for a few things, similar for others. If you want to send me a copy of the file, I can look at the XML and probably convert anything that's different. Please send me a PM and I'll pass on my email, or post in the forum.

Dami is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old November 9th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
@Dark Lord Galen
I'd be very happy to have all of those just for 3.5!
Transferring to PF shouldn't be too difficult - code is the same for a few things, similar for others. If you want to send me a copy of the file, I can look at the XML and probably convert anything that's different. Please send me a PM and I'll pass on my email, or post in the forum.
Can do, give me a day or two... my user files are setup abit differently... (in this case GM Greyhawk- Feats Flaws and Skills) So I have to glean out home brews and flaws and skills to get to what would be Greyhawk Regional Feats.

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old November 14th, 2017, 09:25 PM
I could probably do some conversion of things from D20 to Pathfinder format.
Most things would take recoding as the systems are different in HL.

Current Games:
5E Homebrew - DM

Recent Games:
Shadowrun 5E - GM
Pathfinder Homebrew - DM
Curse of Strahd 5E - Player

My HL Files - Birthright, Creatures, and items
Birthright Setting and D20Despot Let me know if it breaks.
Sarelth is offline   #8 Reply With Quote