Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

sebacore

Old June 13th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Here is the character sheet as I have it now. Going to try to get at least the gear stuff done tonight.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Character Sheet.zip (14.7 KB, 144 views)
sebacore is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old June 13th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebacore View Post
Here is the character sheet as I have it now. Going to try to get at least the gear stuff done tonight.
It looks great!!

While going through it though.. I noticed that the CMD section is mission. CMB is there but not CMD.
Nikmal is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
sebacore

Old June 13th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Damn I knew there was something missing there. I'll go back and add that.

I am finishing up on gear/encumbrance/money/special abilities/exp.

Starting on putting a minion stat block as there is a lot of open space on this one page.
sebacore is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old June 13th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebacore View Post
Damn I knew there was something missing there. I'll go back and add that.

I am finishing up on gear/encumbrance/money/special abilities/exp.

Starting on putting a minion stat block as there is a lot of open space on this one page.
With the special abilities though you might want to leave some extra room as Special abilities can take tons and I mean tons of space even spilling over to another page. I would rather have a full explanation of all the special abilities then having the explanation being cut off like it is currently on the regular output that we had before all the custom stuff with hero labs

Maybe even having Special abilities and the feat explanation be on separate pages??

Would you mind, by the way if I dig in to the sheet itself and maybe make some personal changes to it and the like later on?? Maybe even learn how to do the sheet the way you did?? I am a HUGE fan and do not want to make any changes without permission hehe.

THANKS!!
Nikmal is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
sebacore

Old June 13th, 2011, 06:16 PM
That is a good idea. The feats will show the whole description and some of those can be extremely long. At the moment I just have a short one line per ability. So it is just a list. I am planning on a page that is the full feat/special ability description. Then probably a page for spells.

And yes change it how ever you would like. That's how I learned how to do this stuff. That and staring at table within table within table and losing my place haha.
sebacore is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Ok, I'm at a loss and can't find the instructions for doing so anywhere, but how do you get new custom outputs to show in HL? I've added it to the customoutput folder, but nothing...

EDIT: Nevermind... just figured it out. Unfortunately I use only d20...

Last edited by Kendall-DM; June 14th, 2011 at 08:13 AM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Ok, I'm at a loss and can't find the instructions for doing so anywhere, but how do you get new custom outputs to show in HL? I've added it to the customoutput folder, but nothing...
You download the ones that were meant as a custom sheet and not a preview. The first link by Sebacore is a preview only. The one by Shadowchemosh is an executable file as is the second one by Sebacore. You double click them in the folder from which you downloaded them too but make sure that Hero Labs is closed before you do. Then open Hero Labs up and a portfolio (or create one) and go to "file"... go to "save custom output" For Shadowchemosh's select Shadow D20 v1.1 and for Sebacores Select Pathfinder Character Sheet. Then click the button output and save the file where you would like it and viola you have your character done

Hope this helps?
Nikmal is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I figured it out, thanks. I was thinking d20 and it was dowloaded into pathfinder, which is why I couldn't find it. In the process of making my own XSLT sheet for my d20 D&D game, and wanted to have a look at their implementations. As I remember XML and XPath, it is a work of some time, currently looking for a WYSIWYG XSL editor.
Kendall-DM is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 14th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
currently looking for a WYSIWYG XSL editor.
If you find one please share. The free ones I have found so far do allow you to combine the data XML to the XSL but its not really visual. You make your changes in the XSL then press a button and it creates/updates your .html file. Then you have to tell the browser to re-fresh to actually see the what the change just did.

So far its been easier to make the change in a text editor and then tell HL to generate again as it overrides the .html file and calls the browser for you.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old June 14th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If you find one please share. The free ones I have found so far do allow you to combine the data XML to the XSL but its not really visual. You make your changes in the XSL then press a button and it creates/updates your .html file. Then you have to tell the browser to re-fresh to actually see the what the change just did.

So far its been easier to make the change in a text editor and then tell HL to generate again as it overrides the .html file and calls the browser for you.
I actually found one. It says that is is a WYSIWYG XML Editor. IT is free at any rate. I have not downloaded it as of yet and tried it though I am about to.. I figured I would post here first and let others see it.

http://www.syntext.com/products/serna-free/#serna-free
Nikmal is offline   #20 Reply With Quote