Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:30 PM
Working on something and have a question whose answer might help others, so thought I'd ask here.

I have written a script that looks at something (the selected deity) and uses the pulltags mechanism to copy all of one type of tag (the AllowDom tags) onto this ability.

I then want to compare this list of pulled tags to the actual domains chosen and confirm that exactly 1 allowed domain has been chosen.

I am aware from a forum search that there is a "compare" command, but here I have several different tags (4-8 depending on the deity) to compare to 2 different domains. How would I do this?
Lawful_g is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:44 AM
Could you check to see if each one is valid. I think it returns a 1 it is it. then just keep adding these values up, in the end if the total value is greater then 1 it should mean that more then one domain has been selected.

but i might be stating the obvious.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:12 AM
Well the tags and the numbers vary depending on the deity taken, so it is more that I don't know how to set up x number of variables as strings and then compare them to the unique IDs of the domains.

If there were only 1 domain allowed tag on each deity I might be able to figure out the compare function with some fiddling. But how do I set up multiple string variables and comapare them all?
Lawful_g is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:24 AM
If you're a cleric, won't both of your domains have come from the allowed domains? If that's so, is that an error for what you're searching for?

If not, you can use intersect:

hero.child[wherever you have stored the domain tags that were chosen].intersect[AllowDom,AllowDom] <> 0

(the first AllowDom is looked for wherever hero.child[] takes you, and the second is checked on whatever's running the script)

It sounds like those tags may be on the hero, so

hero.intersect[HasDomain,AllowDom] <> 0

Should work.

Another option that my work:

The druid class cancels the restriction that a deity's allowed domains match the hero's domains chosen by assigning the Hero.AllowAllDom tag to the hero (at First/1600), so by deleting that tag from the hero, you'd impose the same restriction a cleric has to follow - that they select domains from their deity's list.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:44 PM
The point of this thing is that the cleric must select 1 domain that is not allowed by his deity and 1 that is.

I'll give those a shot and ask again if I have trouble.

Last edited by Lawful_g; May 3rd, 2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: clarify
Lawful_g is offline   #5 Reply With Quote